T/ST100 TG

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TST100-ET / SUPER EDITION LIMITED MODEL / ¥100,000 Emotional sound machine finally appeared. It is a popular guitar with Tokai's original tremolo unit E.T. mounted. Perfect tuning for thrilling, attacking, powerful and exciting sound. The ever-changing tonal color ushers in a new sound vibration.

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 1.37.20 PM.png

ET lock nut mount TST rose neck

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 1.40.17 PM 2.png

Attachments

• IMG_0559.PNG
    IMG_0559.PNG
    333.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks like the TS100 got phased out, and yours may be one of the last that didn't have the ET locking nut business.

Might even have been a special order at the time with that color and no longer an option in the catalog in 1983.

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 1.44.06 PM.png

Maybe a special order, but there is another one exactly the same but retaining the block logo. It's mentioned in previous threads, wish I could see some photos of it.

That is wild. I read in that old one on yours that Peter Mac had a TST100. I don't know if I have ever seen it. Wonder if he still has it?

The one above in the 1983 catalog that is black with the locking nut, I just translated the description at the lower edge of the photo. It says "ET mount prototype". So it does not call it a TST100 there.

Amazing

Maybe he will pop up sometime or the guitar will. Would love to see pictures.

Wow! That colour looks very close. Decals been removed. Looks like it could be same period, pups seem wrong though. Love to see that In a bit more detail. And the colour code.

Yeah. Looks like it says “Oldies But Goodies” rather than Fender’s “Original Contoured Body”.

Ah yes couldn't see the other pics at first. Fender bridge. Still that colour is very very close. Interesting!

Looking at it again it kind of looks like a sunburst at the edges. I’ve seen Korean Tokais with a similar finish and gold hardware. Could have a neck swap. TST for an AST. Probably a false alarm. I’ll keep my eyes open.

After spending a lot of time trawling the web I've found a single replacement VS-1! Now on it's way to me from Germany. Wasn't cheap :oops:.
I'll sell the U pup and get a bit back though.

Awesome! Congratulations!

So glad it ended up with someone who appreciates how unique it is.

I'm using this guitar for a show tonight. The stage lights bring out the colour. Seems it prefers occasions that befit it's status! 😉

2bd5kJd.jpeg

Where in the world are you based? A chap at the college i went to had a dark green st100. I think he moved to the south of England. Probably around 10-12 years ago.

I'm in West Yorkshire. That might be the one I've been looking for! Did it have a block logo?

Mine I bought from a guy in Scotland a few months ago, he'd had it a good 10 years.

Last edited:
After months of searching I finally found a single VS-1 to replace the missing middle pickup. It's identical to the other two and they look like a set. They are REALLY hard to find.

1WcGJNS.jpeg
30NskSV.jpeg
HAhN6Yp.jpeg

Back