Caution: DryZ's on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with all due respect to the seller, and to all TF members in this discussion; I still maintain that seeing a pickup, or a set of pickups, with such oxidized covers, and with such shiney new looking adjustable poles is in the least, suspect

I have a thing for old, grungy, oxidized, mojo, aged, etc. hardware

In my experience, I have yet to see any old pickup, or any old set of pickups, with oxidized covers, that have such conversely new looking adjustable poles; it is just NOT normal whatsoever

no matter what one sees, if it is not what one's experience teaches, it will always be suspect, period....................

cheers ................................

Nani said:
Ikkyu said:
Ok let me point out some things, I guess it might be something other users here on the forum thought about as well.

I think you might be the only one. For feck's sake, give up! The pickups are real and the seller is well respected.

It seems I'm not the only one, pal...
Anyways as I said before, if everything's fine, good for everybody. First of all for Hirotake and his buyers.
8)

If the buyer says it's real and that isn't enough, then... ? Save the theories for the real mysteries of life.

Heads up MIJvintage and Ikkyu....

From User: smartparts2005 (64)

Dear cliffscomicworld,

Hello, Cliff
please post another one please, use this intire email for me over at Tokai reg -

Hello, from Don Mare Guitar Pickups .com

Don Mare here - I am the fellow who bought the Dry Z's in question-
I bought them rather quickly then stumbled here thanks to Google -

This thread scared me - so I email it to the sellr of these Dry-Z's

he assured me - they were never altered and real and not to worry -

and they came here and myself along with a Vintage dealer/expert /Author
thourly inspected them - sure enough - despite "Shiny Screws" they were 100% untouched original -
seems things in Japan are not what we had here in the states - covers were not plated and when left in the air they will tarnish severely - yet the screws which are plated will remain new -
but if you turned a screw - taking it out - wax would curl off the bottom side - also the bottom side of the threads were oxidized and full of wax - clearly - never removed - also the covers were never taking off or "unsoldered" - the slight misilingment of the coil to the cover - is something that happens from time to time - that coil is held by two brass screws - so it has room to move side to side - if its goes to one side and the cover goes to the other - well there you have it!...

the pups are 100% factory unscaled / unaltered/ all original -

the seller was a prince of a gent - during my conserns he was a stand up guy -

a picture may be worth a 1000 words - but a bird in hand!

and there you go -
Don Mare www.donmarepickups.com

Thanks for posting this for me (cliff) I tried to register and never recived a email - otherwise I would be a member - I wish I was -- dunno if anyone can help me get a membership - but I would love one - if theres any way?

cheers fellows
Don Mare
-----------------------------------

thanks Cliff _ I appricate the help - you have been very kind!
Don

- smartparts2005

Anyone who buys online takes a chance, some are more comfortable taking greater chances than others. Meantime, will the last person to leave this thread please turn the lights off?

CliffsComicWorld said:
Heads up MIJvintage and Ikkyu....

From User: smartparts2005 (64)

Dear cliffscomicworld,

Hello, Cliff
please post another one please, use this intire email for me over at Tokai reg -

Hello, from Don Mare Guitar Pickups .com

Lies! All lies! He was paid to say that!

Voyager wrote:
Anyone who buys online takes a chance, some are more comfortable taking greater chances than others. Meantime, will the last person to leave this thread please turn the lights off?

LIGHTS OUT !!

Latest posts

Back