Caution: DryZ's on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CliffsComicWorld said:
Just found the exact same pickups on Yahoo Japan????

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d86787963

Same back drop different pups... put them side by side..

Is it the same seller? The way the S/N has been blocked out is exactly the same too.

there have been not only one but three sets of DRY Z pickups, that have been listed by the same seller, and then each listing has also been pulled before the listings could end, all within a seven day period

http://search-completed.ebay.com/greco-Z_W0QQcatrefZC5QQdfspZ32QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQfromZR7QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsacatZQ2d1QQsofocusZbs

now, is that entertainment, or what :roll:

Once Again.... what's wrong with owning more than 1 set of Dry-Z's and then deciding you want to sell them?... Come on... it's no different If I decided to dump 10 Grecos on the market at once...would you call me suspicious?... I have had many dealing with HMGUITARS... and all of been A++++++..

Well Cliff, any time I wanted to sell something on evil bay I've put the auction on and I haven't close it earlier. I guess if you put something on auction for sale it means you wanted to do it.
However anybody is allowed to do what he wants.

Dear cliffscomicworld,

Hello-cliff the Dry Z's came today US Mail - signature required from Japan _

they're A-OK

Not messed with or altered - they checked out to be - unsoldered - and the shiny screws are original and have never been pulled out -

Put them in the Greco Les Paul -

They sound better then the Duncans here and better then the Dimarzios.

they're pretty much that PAF tone -- just a little more direct and smooth?
but almost perfect..

so there no Holy Grail - "just good" and better then whats being put out by the big corps..

nothing to write home about - but a darn fine tool..

so - moral of the story is - are the Greco Dry-z's woth 500 to 800 on their own merit -- answer - NO WAY!
but they're worth it for restoration or adding value like I just did -

my total investment is now $1,200 a EGF1200/1800 starts a $2,000 and goes up.. so I'm going to hold tight -
I'll I require of my Les Paul is to sound allot like Jimmy Pages - and to me it does a pretty good job.. so its all done..

-please post this at tokia regs forum -
Don

- smartparts2005 EBay

There you have it... HMGUITARS on EBay is for real like I had said...Cliff

Ok let me point out some things, I guess it might be something other users here on the forum thought about as well.

First: I've never seen a protection as strong as the one Cliff does on HM Guitars. I don't know either of the two and I basically tend to trust people, but the way this matter is going on makes me suspicious.

Second: I found strange that just after some users, included myself, made others to notice some "strangeness" on that seller/items on sale, Cliff comes up with the email by Don who tells to "post it on Tokai Registry Forum", also he even specifies that "...the shiny screw are original and have never been pulled out...". And this just after we made to motice how shiny the screws on those pups were. It sounds strange to me, doesn't it?

I've bought stuff all over the world and from a bunch of different sellers, but if someone has any suspect on one of the sellers I've dealt with, just as an example, I'll tell my experience with him and maybe reccomend him, but that's it. If anybody keeps being suspicious about him I won't do anything else. Everybody is free to do/think whatever he wants.
Having said this, I don't think I would ever buy a set of pups from that guy. At the same time I hope (for him) he's trusty and having great business. Good for him and any buyer he has business with.

If Cliff has done business with this seller and has had great service, why wouldn't he speak in his favour. Those pickups came out of a high end guitar and if it had been in its case for years {as mine are all kept in there cases after use} Then there is no reason to suspect them simply because they have shiny screws, i have 2 early 80's guitars in great condition and the pickups are in as good as condition or better than those. This guy also has a 100% sellers rating and that should speak volumes for his service and the products he sells, i think your suspicions border on paranoia now, You think Cliff is trying to talk up his reputation but you are trying to make out that he is being deceitful, I have never bought of HM guitars but i wouldn't hesitate to if he had something that i wanted. I have a high end Tokai that i replaced the pickups in when i bought her i then wrapped the original pickups in plastic and put them away, they will still look brand new in 20 years. Maybe its time to move on on this subject as i think you are now wasting your breath.
No offense intended.

Mick

I'm sure it's all very inocent.

I'm pretty sure Cliff has simply had a lot of dealings with HM Guitars in the past, and as a very satisfied customer doesn't like people potentially damaging the seller's reputation.

It looks like Cliff has contacte the buyer and pointed him in the direction of this thread and asked him to respond to the issues people have made.

I think it's a very decent thing Cliff has done, and should be applauded for it :D

JohnA and leadguitar_323 ...... Thank You!!!

I have purchased from HMGUITARS before and this is the only one still available to see at Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160237031993

I have also purchased off Ebay..

As for the email from a Smartparts2005 on Ebay.. He emailed me after he purchased from HMGUITARS and was very worried BASED ON THIS THREAD he sought me out as a buyer and was concerned about the transaction I assured him that Hirotaka is a up and up seller. After he recived the Pup's he was very happy.. I encourage any and all of you to email smartparts2005 for yourselves..

I am standing tall for the seller and if this was you being accused I would stand up for you...... Nuff said.....Cliff

Ikkyu said:
Ok let me point out some things, I guess it might be something other users here on the forum thought about as well.

I think you might be the only one. For feck's sake, give up! The pickups are real and the seller is well respected.

Back