LS1000 - Gauging Interest

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a gauging interest thread at the moment.

I have a Tokai LS1000 which I bought recently as I always wanted one and as a potential "replacement" to my
Jap market only Love Rock 1959 replica. I'll be honest and say that I prefer the darker sounding, heavier 59 replica as to my ears it sounds better and I prefer the baseball bat 59 neck as well (the LS1000 neck is slightly thinner probably more towards a 60). I've also been eyeing up a very nice Gibson 1958 VOS I played recently in a store so this guitar will not end up being used if I don't sell it.

I looked over both my Tokais with my luthier and can safely say, they're both near idetical spec wise, except the 59 uses higher density mahogany and has a distressed slightly flamey top whereas the LS1000 has a very nice AAA flamed top.

It's 2 months old and cost me ?995 like all the new LS1000's and this was the last one in the country, it's number 49 of 100 and comes with case, certificate of authenticity plus all the bits that came with it including an unfitted pick guard. it's got the odd mark here and there (nothing of any significance except a small 1 cm scuff on the binding which you have to look for). Apart from that, as you would expect for a guitar of 2 months old.

Will be looking for ?850 + postage (last Ebay one sold for ?870 + postage IIRC).

Grab a very collectible guitar while you can - they rarely come up.

[email protected]

Now on fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290257236491&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

I didn't think the LS1000 had an Honduras mahogany body ? I thought the LS1000 was an LS150 with the fret inlay.

I thought you had to go up to an LS320 for an Honduras body

Back