LS 100 FLAMETOP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen one before?..........I thought the ls100 was basically a ls 80 w/dimarzio's and once a flametop added it would be a ls120??

Too bad the headstock is cracked :(

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g83903262

JVsearch said:
Wow, another great deal! :wink:

A broken boat anchor for $2k :lol:

Not many good deals in Japan these days.

LS100 can have some flame if you are lucky, just like an LS80 can.

Its getting harder and harder to find good stuff at good prices.
But it seems that searching through Rinkya is a waste of time.
Many sellers won't allow buyers with negative feedback bid.
I noticed that the selection is smaller on the Rinkya site (after someone here wrote about it I checked and it appears to be correct).

Cali Girl said:
LS100 can have some flame if you are lucky, just like an LS80 can.

Hello Calli girl :)
Take a look at the additional pics from the auction and you might agree it's more than a little flame.....the top looks like a laminate flame to me....I have seen some mild flame on both ls80's and 100's but this one looks similar to my 1983 ls80 [laminate]

seems the consensus on the forum is most ls120's are laminate,so I Was wondering if this ls100 was too

Koubayashi said:
I noticed that the selection is smaller on the Rinkya site (after someone here wrote about it I checked and it appears to be correct).

I agree,everyone should stop wasting their time on Rinkya :wink: :wink:

MIJvintage said:
good eye Bob :wink: ........... looks like plywood top to my eyes :) ............

Hey Rich,does it look like the center seam doesn't match too :-?....unusual for the craftsmanship from Tokai or maybe it's just my elder eyes :wink:

hunter said:
MIJvintage said:
good eye Bob :wink: ........... looks like plywood top to my eyes :) ............

Hey Rich,does it look like the center seam doesn't match too :-?....

correct; photo 7 tells the tale :) .............

also, you cannot have a near perfect mirror image flame top, and such a difference in the orientation of the annual rings in the route wall; solid lumber does not do that goofy crap :p .........

hunter said:
Koubayashi said:

I agree,everyone should stop wasting their time on Rinkya :wink: :wink:

Yeah, cause it is much more time efficient to apply for a Japanese visa, get it, open a bank account in Japan and in between all of that learn Japanese :D
But you will save a lot of money and be able to bid on everything on Yahoo (unless you get negative feedback).

Latest posts

Back