What do we think of this Tokai finish?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'know, it's not actually pink I dislike.. I think it's more likely to be the pink and cream together, I think if the pickup surrounds were black, maybe with some black speeds on there.. that would improve it.. At the moment I don't really like quilt style tops either.

Yeah so I told my friends lil sister (the 13 yearold I mentioned before) about it, and showed her that picture. She said it was uh, hot, and she likes it. I still think it might weigh too much for her (her personally), but I said she can try my paul and see what she thinks. I am gonna make sure she knows if she gets a tokai it'll be a better investment in terms of how long it will last and stuff, rather than getting some of the stuff she is currently looking at.

They are doing it also .... :-?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gibson-Les-Paul-VIXEN-in-Coral-Neu-2006_W0QQitemZ7412952925QQcategoryZ46648QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Roger

?.. hmmh, but frankly, folks, is only the colour and the finish important?
I can imagine, this pinky Toaki angel sounds and rocks more as many of :evil: f?%`*? black dirty DEVILS.

Summary: Valid for humans and guitars: The look is maybe only secondary. :wink:
Isn't it? :)

Oh, Gottfried, aber das Auge isst mit !!!

(Translation): You're not able to eat something if your eye declines it! :cry:

We cannot discuss about the individual gusto ... :wink:

Somebody likes to have it - somebody refuses ...
If there is anybody who's willing to spend some money on it - OK - but not me !!!!! 8)

Roger

I personally witnessed a Pink Tokai lawsuit strat bring $1200.00 at Don's Music and Pawn last week. It just shows how custom colors can be a better investment than a run of the mill color. The guy who sold it said he has been ridiculed for 20 years about playing a pink guitar but look whos laughing now.

Sure wouldn't loss them on stage or would you!
All jokes aside its personal taste it might be a classic in 30 years

I suspect it is nicer in person than the photo. I recently sold an EXTRODINARY guitar (long story as to why)...a Hamer "Sunburst" model, that wasn't sunburst at all, it was "Salmon Blush". A bit more orangy than this Tokai, but one could maybe call it pink. I liked the finish and loved the guitar. No trouble selling it for a fair price.

If you like it, and it's a nice guitar, enjoy it. I've seen a fair number of truely bubble gum pink Strats over the years, depending on the band, it can look right on stage. Also, what does this one look like under stage lights? Maybe very cool.

Bottom line, to each thier own.

One man's pill is another man's poison. As long as you like it that's all that matters. :p

Did you receive that nice quilted blue one yet Steve?

I think JamieH of Hartnoll guitars had one of those in stock.

Deadman said:
Did you receive that nice quilted blue one yet Steve?

I think JamieH of Hartnoll guitars had one of those in stock.

Yes, indeed!

Steve has had the blue one!

http://forum.intermusic.com/viewtopic.php?p=804862&highlight=#804862

Back