Tokai SG215 vs Bacchus BSG-68V vs burny FSG70

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neck thickness on the BSG-68V will typically be quite thin; ballpark .850" @ fret 1

however the VH-59 pickups do sounds pretty nice but then we all know pickups are a subjective issue .......

neck thickness on the BSG-68V will typically be quite thin; ballpark .850" @ fret 1

however the VH-59 pickups do sounds pretty nice but then we all know pickups are a subjective issue .......
That’s really helpful thank you, I have big hands and like big necks. That’s one of the things I didn’t get on with with my Gibson 61.
I’d just been reading about a Greco ss600 p2 which looked excellent till I read about the small necks.

I believe tokais mostly have a reasonable sized necks, my ls144 certainly does.

Other one id seen that I was going to read up on was a burny fsg70 with dog ear p90s which looked interesting.

@Tsjackson I have owned Bacchus, Burny, Gibson, Greco, Tokia and other brands of SGs but most every example had a thin neck.

Two examples stand out in my mind as having the thickest necks; both from the 2011/2012 Bacchus Classic Series.

2011 BSG-STD BRNM from the H003** serial # range = .888" @ fret 1
BSG-STD 9.jpg

2012 BSG Korina NA from the H011** serial # range = .894" @ fret 1
BSG K2.jpg

These were measured with a very accurate digital caliper and they were measured correctly.
That is real data; not someone saying it's a 58, a 59 or a 60s neck.

Food for thought .......

@Tsjackson I have owned Bacchus, Burny, Gibson, Greco, Tokia and other brands of SGs but most every example had a thin neck.

Two examples stand out in my mind as having the thickest necks; both from the 2011/2012 Bacchus Classic Series.

2011 BSG-STD BRNM from the H003** serial # range = .888" @ fret 1
View attachment 53556

2012 BSG Korina NA from the H011** serial # range = .894" @ fret 1
View attachment 53557

These were measured with a very accurate digital caliper and they were measured correctly.
That is real data; not someone saying it's a 58, a 59 or a 60s neck.

Food for thought .......
That korina one is amazing!

I’ve never once actually measured a guitar neck, and honesty it never Used to bother me but I had a 2013 Gibson sg standard which was essentially a 61 reissue and the neck was small, too small for my ham hands.

I’m aware that basically any small guard SG (from Gibson at least) will likely have a fairly small neck.
I was wondering what the Japanese SGs are like, I’ve seen a great deal on a second hand tokai SG124 which I believe would have a slightly bigger neck than a Gibson 61. I love the look of the Greco SS600 p2 but have read that those necks are tiny,

It’s all bunk I’m sure I’d get on with any guitar I’m just wary as that Gibson I had was a bit of a lemon and I assumed a lot of that was to do with the neck

Latest posts

Back