1980s 1981 VS VSB Advertisement

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
VS SENSATION

The VS & VSB series of transcendence to open up an unexperienced zone of sound. The shocking content that develops electric guitar & bass to a higher dimension is the fusion of sensibility and technology that only TOKAI PROJECT TEAM can achieve. Above all, the VS series provides a long-awaited humbucking sound, plus, and tremolo unit specifications for guitarists who are aiming for contemporary music. Joe Walsh also praised the proud versatile sound, and received a custom-made request based on this VS series. The beautiful form along with the transcendental sound invites the guitarist to a dream experience. In addition, the VSB series will shock the bassist, and its intellectual appearance is expected to have outstanding playability with a simple form that pursues the beauty and comfort of a super bass as much as possible. And the super specs born from contact with super musicians penetrate the walls of all genres.

These two series are proud works of prestige maker TOKAI, which are similar to objects of artists who changed history.

VS series / 200 limited production.
Now on sale.
Almost sold out!
3 models 4 colors.

●VSB series

Proud TOKAI's 3rd limited edition, limited production of 200 pieces.

On August 1st, nationwide release 2 models 4 colors (2 types of rose fingerboard & maple neck).

The VSB60 features a tight and straight sound, and the VSB80 features a wide range of sound variations with a two-pickup system.

Both series are sold out one after another!

Please purchase as soon as possible at TOKAI product dealers nationwide.

●Catalog presentation. Please enclose a stamp with the name of the desired catalog and mail it to:
Tokai Gakki Mfg. Co., Ltd. "YG10", 36 Teramachi, Hamamatsu City, 430
(Arched top series catalog ¥350/Flat top series catalog ¥350/2 copies ¥600/Parts catalog ¥300)

24671-c5c681e71ca21313e1de020affe73ae1.jpg
check bost

And I am saying 1981 becasue they mention an August release. These models are shown in the Spring 1982 catalog which would have been photographed sometime in late 1981. They also mention the arched top, flat top, and parts catalogs which were 1981 only.

Last edited:
Great! And nice to finally get a number on what "Limited" might mean.
From a recent Yahoo auction listing, right? I actually had that on my whatchlist, but I missed the finish. Gaah. :-(

They were asking like $60 for it. Pass... I'm happy to just have the screenshot for free. :)

Great! And nice to finally get a number on what "Limited" might mean.
From a recent Yahoo auction listing, right? I actually had that on my whatchlist, but I missed the finish. Gaah. :-(
I have seen several now that mention the limited numbers.

The one you have that mentions the number of SS70S guitars made.

"THE SUPER ST'' and ``THE ST WHITE'' that decorate the beginning of '82 - A shocking appearance as a limited edition. Full of super specs such as gold parts & blast tremolo unit, gold rotomatic pegs, limited to 100 pieces each, nationwide release at the same time. Available from February 1 at Tokai product dealers."

1980s - 1981-82 Tokai sales flyer

This one.

And another for a Super Edition SVS65 limited to 50 pieces.

1980s - 1984 SVS65 Advertisement

Back