Tokai love rock Tv Yellow special

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadaGary

Reaction score
My Tokai has no serial number... can someone throw any light on it for me, please? Thank you :)

Attachments

• s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
Interesting. And it has a "Made In China" sticker on it.

If you look at it in the light at an angle can you see where a serial number may have been on the back of the headstock? I am wondering if it was removed. Chinese Tokais should have a serial number.

Last edited:
Lower priced Tokais were made in China from around 2005 until the present.

The first example of your guitar made in China that I see in catalogs is from 2010.

The model name changes over time as the costs and prices go up.

Scan 19.jpeg

cat_2012tokai_65th_019.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 7.41.23 PM.png

cat_2018tokai_jp_014.jpg

Interesting. And it has a "Made In China" sticker on it.

If you look at it in the light at an angle can you see where a serial number may have been on the back of the headstock? I am wondering if it was removed. Chinese Tokais should have a serial number.
Thank you for your quick reply :) Would the serial number have been under the clear coat or printed over it ? Would it be possible to see a sample of what you believe it would have looked like? Thanks again - Gary

Can I ask another question, please ? As far as value is concerned, what year / country of manufacture would be worth more than others ? Is there a chart somewhere that shows the value of Chinese Tokais - like mine - and their value over time ? Thanks Gary

No idea. Chinese Tokais were always budget guitars. They tend to sell in the $400-800 range I would guess.

Is this something you are trying to flip?

Someone else obvious stripped it for parts.

Hmmm ..... thanks for your insight :) In your opinion, do you think that the serial number could have been removed .... being that it was possibly not printed under the clear coat ? I'm trying to find out if it's worth hanging onto :) Thanks again, Gary

Back