Tokai Love Rock / pacemaker

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greeny1970

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I've been playing a Tokai (Love Rock Model) guitar, registry number C 083172 , for about 12 years (see attachment).
Would be interested to know if it can be a problem to play electrically after an implantation of a pacemaker.
According to serious medical information, people with a pacemaker should keep a certain distance to strong
magnetical fields.
In thus case, can the resonant frequencies and the magnetic pick ups of the guitar switch off the complete effect of the pacemaker
forcing me to playing exclusively unplugged?

Unfortunately I couldn't mail to the Tokai Gakki Co.Ltd. directly because of lacking any knowledge in reading Japanese. Sorry
So, I would be glad to receive information from experts among the forum members or someone with direct access to the Tokai company.

Thanks a lot in advance wishing you a good start into the new day wherever you live on this planet.

Attachments

• Tokai Love Rock Model.jpg
    Tokai Love Rock Model.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 0
Sorry you are having to deal with that.

That honestly sounds like a question for a qualified medical professional rather than someone at Tokai, or guys like me on a guitar forum.

I did a quick google search, but don't want to pass on what I read since I have no way of verifying what is safe.

What does your cardiologist say?

Last edited:
Back