Tokai article in Guitar & Bass magazine

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike!

Ken's point is a very good one. How can I get a copy of the magazine? I tried to order it online, but they don't offer this service to Austria.

Do you have some copies you'd sell?

Cheers! Rup

Have you enquired at your local newsagents? Perhaps they can order copies?

I'll send an e.mail to Marcus, the editor, and ask how & where they can be bought abroad. He might know, or if not, maybe I could buy some extra copies and post them out. I'll let you know what he says.

amunro said:
I'm happy for the article to be posted up on the site

Andrew, are you going to approach Ned to ask how the article can be included in the Registry? It would be an ideal link to refer new forum members to - we get so many people who join and say "please tell me about the different Tokais", and your article would be the perfect introduction for them, if we can refer them to a link on the Registry, or on here.

Yes it is the one that you describe, but not the one in the link you posted - that has Slash on the cover - the correct one has Clapton on the cover.

Edit - the forum seems to be playing up - I've just replied to a post that doesn't exist.... :-?

stratman323 said:
Yes it is the one that you describe, but not the one in the link you posted - that has Slash on the cover - the correct one has Clapton on the cover.

Edit - the forum seems to be playing up - I've just replied to a post that doesn't exist.... :-?

Guitar & Bass Magazine ezine.
Here is the link I posted: The cover says "The guitars that made Fender mad!"

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?r=1&EAN=2000003226597&ourl=Magazine%2FGuitar%2DBass%2DJul%2D07

I'm confused - I just replied to your post, then it vanished. :-?

The link you have posted is the July 07 issue with Slash on the cover - that's not the right one.

stratman323 said:
I'm confused - I just replied to your post, then it vanished. :-?

The link you have posted is the July 07 issue with Slash on the cover - that's not the right one.

Sorry, the posts are acting strange...
Here is the Clapton cover:
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Magazine/Guitar-Bass-Jul-08/e/2000003315604

Ed

That's the right issue. So that's a digital magazine? So you get all 146 pages as a download?

stratman323 said:
That's the right issue. So that's a digital magazine? So you get all 146 pages as a download?

Yes. I would use a throwaway email address, as they tell you they will share your email address with the publisher which means spam.
I think you will also have to download and install the zinio player to read the magazine, but yes, it's the whole magazine...

I've just had a reply from the editor:

...Re purchase, in the US wer?e in many branches of Barns & Noble and Borders but not all ? but I believe we?re well supplied in California. In Austria I have no idea and will have to enquire. Online is causing us all sorts of problems at the moment and I am tying to get this addressed.

Hope this helps.

They told me no..They said it might show up in a few days. They cant control what they get at the store level..

If it hasn't shown up in a few days, remind me & I'll prod Marcus again. Though I guess there's a limit to what an editor can do.

I suppose I could buy a few extra copies and post them. Though after my 25 minute queue at the Post Office yesterday, I can't say I'm keen on doing that again.... :-?

Stratman, I've dropped a note to Ned regarding posting the article onto the site. I also spoke with marcus and he is happy to provide a pdf ofthe article providing, of course, that the magazine is credited.

Has anything happened about getting the article scanned & posted on the registry?

stratman, I'm not sure. I dropped a note to Ned who said he would follow up with Marcus at Guitar & Bass magazine.

By the way, did you succeed in selling the guitar? I was sorely, sorely tempted but better sense prevailed; i need to thin out some guitars before investing in more.

Yes, forum member Expressway bought the ST60 a few weeks ago. I did go to pick it up yesterday after playing the ST80, then remembered it's not mine anymore. :( But we can't keep everything.....

Latest posts

Back