Surf green Goldstar sound ?????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentoes

Reaction score
Did Tokai ever make a MIJ surf green goldstar sound ?? There's one in the local paper for sale but i'm not sure it's 100 % real.

2r7a4jk.jpg

2305g1.jpg

dnoa2q.jpg

$450 CDN Or best offer, so probably $375-400

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Surf-Green-Tokai-Statocaster-Jeff-Beck-W0QQAdIdZ394358889

The pickups have been switched out, however when i asked to see the codes under the pups for confirmation of MIJ Tokai, i got no response. The neck looks MIJ but i'm doubting the rest is and since i got lit on tequila and won a BC Rich Mockingbird NJ series classic off ebay i won't be buying a guitar for a bit. **** tequila !!! I don't like quilted guitars and i've never played a mockingbird, nor do i like pointy style guitars especially.

Let this be a lesson to people. It's all fun and games till you win the aucton !!! The mockingbird is getting delivered thursday, does anyone have experience with these guitars ???

16k8ew0.jpg

2d0cdj6.jpg

That Tokai is legit, made in Korea. Maple neck without the walnut plug on the headstock, 2 string trees and non split post tuners.

I would rather have the BC Rich, it looks the biz and I too not struck on pointy axes. Good luck with that and go easy on the firewater :)

Thanks mirrorboy, i suspected it was a made in Korea model, but seller said MIJ so i thought to ask here first.

It's very hot here lately, 96 degrees here today and i find you need to drink more because of that, the margarita's have a way of creeping up on you !!

Latest posts

Back