Shaving the neck on modern premium LC model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trubolp

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering buying a brand new premium range LC model Tokai (in the 230-280) and having the neck shaved, slimmed to something like Gibson Custom Shop 60s style. I WANT Tokai and I NEED a slim neck. Does anyone have any intel on how deep the truss rod channel is -- how much of the neck can safely be shaved off?
Before anyone mentions the mysterious LC212 slim neck model -- I can't find any for sale.

Or you can order a LC with a slimmer neck. Tokai LS are not fat at all. My LS320 Custom Order one-off came with a 59 slim neck size which is so comfortable, not a 60 stil....
You can contact any japanese guitarshop or Tokai directly, now there is a gitrl at the charge of buyers attention departament.

I talked to a few dealers in the last few years, and all of them gave me the exact same response: Tokai refuses to do a slim neck (and these dealers did have custom orders with Tokai). Now I found that Kurosawagakki managed to get Tokai to do a slim neck on 212 models -- but that's probably because they brought their own 1960 "Burst", so Tokai must've felt good about replicating an actual guitar.

Back