Pickup Rings - Which ones fit?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, looks like I need to try a set of flat-bottomed rings.

:roll:

From the WD site description:

"Flat base for flat-top guitar bodies. Angled."

Well an LP doesn't have a flat-top body, does it? Hardly surprising people get confused.

:evil:

What a load of fuss & bother, Fenders are so straightforward compared to Gibsons....

here's what the allparts tappered flat bottomed look like.

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

As you can see there's a tiny gap under the screw holes. In time I think they'll go down, by giving the screw a tiny turn everytime I change strings.

Well you can buy the rings with a curved bottom but my tokai and the after market rings I've bought were flat. They do take up the curve completely ,with no gaps, on mine when you screw them down though.

Dave

If you're in trouble using flat rings, and to avoid them breaking in the middle: put them in boiling water for 10 mn, wait for them to cool down. They'll get softer, and bend very easily.

dombat said:
If you're in trouble using flat rings, and to avoid them breaking in the middle: put them in boiling water for 10 mn, wait for them to cool down. They'll get softer, and bend very easily.

Now, that sounds like a clever idea.

:p

Well I got a set of the WD flat bottomed rings, assuming that this should be the final set I need to buy. But each ring is a different shade of cream.

Am I jinxed or what? I never get grief like this with Strats or Teles. :evil:

Latest posts

Back