NGD - FV 80 (Flying V)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siamackz

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
I just published an article on my latest addition to the collection - an FV 80. You can read about it's history here and check out more pics if you are interested. Please feel free to correct me on any details I might have got wrong :) Link - Tokai FV 80 Flame Maple Top | SiaVintageGuitars
ea5cc8_ad6d29c45e134124806cb27995e76ba0~mv2.jpg

OK reading up on the guitar on your site, this is one strange animal! It's yelling "hair rock!" with its fancy flames and pointy headstock but then it has a 7.25" radius fretboard and a V-neck? V..ender? Crazy stuff!

"Strange animals" are what makes Japanese guitars and the JDM the cloud nine for guitar connoisseurs, the kingdom of deviant tastes and the horn of plenty for super-specific desires...to this day! So much variety, so many colors, such strange things and so many irresistible G.A.S.-generators... :D

OK reading up on the guitar on your site, this is one strange animal! It's yelling "hair rock!" with its fancy flames and pointy headstock but then it has a 7.25" radius fretboard and a V-neck? V..ender? Crazy stuff!

"Strange animals" are what makes Japanese guitars and the JDM the cloud nine for guitar connoisseurs, the kingdom of deviant tastes and the horn of plenty for super-specific desires...to this day! So much variety, so many colors, such strange things and so many irresistible G.A.S.-generators... :D
lol, I agree. It’s the same for the star shaped FVD that I have. That one even came with a locking nut - everything screamed “shredder”. But again, 7.15 radius. The only one so far I have that deviates from the the 7.25 radius is the TSG. I’ll be writing an article on it soon :)

Stunning guitar. Thanks for working this out. There is almost nothing to find about the pickips and the difference between the P1-11BZ and the P1-14BZ. I have an EXD-120 which I imported from Japan. Same wiring I think.

Stunning guitar. Thanks for working this out. There is almost nothing to find about the pickips and the difference between the P1-11BZ and the P1-14BZ. I have an EXD-120 which I imported from Japan. Same wiring I think.
EXD 120, Nice! That would be very similar to my FSD 120 which I covered in this article (link). After looking carefully at all the catalogs I found one table that shows the differences between pickups offered but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get the resolution of the image higher and this could not have it translated! It’s the green table in the image below 95AE0FBB-7275-481C-B9FB-47649A6690DF.jpeg

Back