New Tokai in the house...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi-o

Reaction score
Hi,

some of you may have noticed my WTB post in the Classifieds section,
I was looking for a nice vintage Tokai or Orville.

I got a mail from Gottfried, (togps), he said he was on his way to a guitar show in Italy, and he stopped over at my office and I had the chance to choose among 35 Tokais, brand new ones, vintage ones, Les Pauls, ES, Specials, Springy Sounds... 8)

Of course I had to buy one :D , it's this beautyful LS85F

LS85F_01.jpg

I love this guitar! It's really lightweight, resonant, the finish and craftsmanship is flawless. I will swap the pickups to my favourite H?ussels and replace the caps with russian pio-caps, I also changed the strap pins to security locks. A killer guitar and a killer deal. Gottfried, you're the man!:wink:

I always thought that the vintage models are better than the new models,
but now that I had the chance to compare some old models (80-84) to some new ones, I have to say: No, as far as I'm concerned, I liked the new ones better. Shure there was a kind of mojo to the old ones, but the fit and finish of the new ones seemed better to me. (It's all just a matter of taste, I think...)

Andi

Hi Andi,

once more : Congrats! Nice guitar, big deal with BIG togps! Well done ! :wink:

... and a politician wouldn't have answered in a better way! 8)

BTW - is it a matt lacquer on your beauty ??

Roger

That one is a clone of my ?05 LS80F (now, according to the 2006 catalog, LS85F) :lol: :lol: .. it looks exactly the same.

Btw... it?s not lacquer.. it is a poly gloss finish....

Latest posts

Back