Tokai LC212 - any info on?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trubolp

Reaction score
LC212 model with a slim neck was being sold by Kurosawa guitars this year. I know they sold a few some time this year, and they had a new batch two weeks ago.
Does anyone know anything about the model? It's not on Tokai's catalog (at TokaiGakki.com), I can't find any info anywhere on the internet, and Kurosawa's description is very vague. I wonder whether it's from the regular or premium series, what kind of finish it has.
I've seen some info on LS212 (also not in Tokai's catalog) and it had nitro finish and relic'ing. I can see LS214 in the catalog in the Premium section, but no relicing there, so it's a different one.

Last edited:
Alright. I got a response from Kurosawagakki.
LC212 is Kurosawagakki's custom order model, a Vintage series model based on their 1960s Les Paul that has been scanned by Tokai. It's different from a regular model in:
- neck shape (slimmer - from my experience, it's somewhat the size of 2018-2020 Gibson 1968 LPC reissue)
- top arch shape and bridge pickup position are slightly different
- ebony fretboard.

This means poly finish.
It may have been started in 2022 (as I can see guitars with 2022 s/n have been sold on Reverb: Tokai LC212 BB/CH 60's Style Thin Neck s/n2247205 [4.89kg] [Maid in Japan] 2022 Black | Reverb UK), but was also available in 2023 (there was a batch in November)

Last edited:
Back