LS120? a little info please.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer4ever

Reaction score
Hi newbie here' and after a little info on my brand new C/S LS120.........
First up, let me start by saying' I bought the guitar through mailorder......... first time ever! :roll: from Coda Music, here in the U.K. I have over the years bought several guitars from them including' an 84 Gibbo Flying V. a 73 Gibbo L.P Deluxe and a PRS CE2 among others, so had no problems dealing with them what so ever.

Right' info please.... the back of the body seems to be made of three piece mahoghany approx 15mm thick. the middle of the body is made from four different pieces 'cross grained' capped by maple top.
Is this as what is refered to as a 'SEB' body???
If so' are the inferior in any way???????

Finally' guitar has no scratchplate, no holes for one either???? should it have one supplied ??? dont want to start ranting down the phone, and sound a plum if they are not supplied with one. :(

As for the guitar itself............. WOW! plays like a dream' as good as any Les Paul i've owned! and sounds great through my Marshall jcm800 combo! :wink:

ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!

It means it has acoustic chambers in the mahogany body and it is not 100% solid body. I hope that Coda didnt trick you into thinking the LS120 is not a SEB model.

Hi

I have recently purchased an LS-150 from Coda and it came with the scratchplate and screws to be fitted if I wanted (prefer without)

It was not in the box it was in a bag taped on the outside at one end, I nearly missed it.

Check the box, if it's not there ring them it should come with one.

I saw the LS-120 when I purchased the LS-150 congratulations looks a great guitar.

LBUK

My LS150 didn't have the pickguard included either. Coda shipped me a Gibson part as they didn't appear to have a Tokai part in stock. Caution - it doesn't fit. This doesn't bother me as I don't intend fitting it and can use the Gibson part for other purposes but better to know beforehand what they are sending.

Cheers

Mark L

so if a SEB model isnt chambered whats the catch with the multi-piece body?

Hi fellas! thanks for all your comments' much appreciated :wink:

Although' no one has said whether or not the SEB body is 'inferior' to a one/two piece solid body?? To be honest' I think if I had gone to buy the guitar in person' the different woods' would probably have made me think twice about buying it? petty I know' but having said that' she plays and sounds awesome!

Regarding scratchplate, I phoned the guys at Coda, and they told me the LS120 doesn't come with one supplied? however they have said they will get me one with the next order of Tokais' end of March...... cost??
nothing :wink: so I cant argue with that!

Again' thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back