LS 1000 30th Anniversary Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this money, you could probably buy a Gibson. Then you'd have a 'proper' everything!

Dimple in the headstock makes Tokai unique, right?! :D

If Tokai introduces 30th anniversary LS-6000000 in the near future just for Finland, I?ll let you know, ok?! :lol:

I've got two LS150s. They are great guitars but they both have dimples, poor things. I love them dearly but I'm worried what will happen to them when I can no longer take care of them. I can almost hear potential new owners now - "Look dear, They're such lovely colours and they make such a lovely sound but (next part whispered) they've got DIMPLES! . Who could have disfigured them so horribly. Oh, the shame!, the shame! What would the neighbours say?"

jawilluk said:
..... Oh, the shame!, the shame! What would the neighbours say?"

I know, what the neighbours would say:

"Oh, No. Ohh Noo. Not again. Please, please, jawilluk, don't play again this dimple Tokai.
It is sooo a harnish tone.

Play again, like yesterday, with the one, with the proper and correct headstock. It sound so sweet and smoothly. Thank you dear jawilluk."

Frankly, be honest and agree!!! That would the neighbours say!!

togps said:
Please, please, jawilluk, don't play again this dimple Tokai.

Well I guess that's it guys. In order to be accepted, those of us with UK Tokais have to conform;

Chinese women had their feet bound.
Japanese women have to walk behind their men.
Muslim men have to grow beards.
Jewish men have bits of their willies chopped off.

It looks like we'll have to have our Dimples amputated. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

You got it, jawilluk.
Yeaah, it's hard, some time...
The guitar players life, ... I mean.

:lol: :lol:

Now hang on a second here...
This forum is full of people who can't sleep unless they have looked in thier PU cavity to see what is or isn't in there, and have to turn over the tailpiece to see whats stamped there. OK, tenon length is a stability issue, -except, a short tenon LP has more neck body contact already than any other solid body (except a Firebird VII). I don't jest about those obsessions.

So if there are a few of us who are picky about things we can see without dismantling the guitar, is that really so bad?

I will agree the dimple is pretty minor, but I thought people bought Tokais because of the details? I can't speak for anyone else, but I have never called the dimple ugly or deformed, just that I perfer all original styling.

Fair enough?

Call me slow if you like but I never actually knew what this dimple was about until 5 mins ago, I thought the uk tokai headstocks were taller and more slender and curvaceous or something..... DUHHH!!!

Did a dimple search on the forum

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=80116

How could you guys!!

I mean, I hope you dont take them gigging.... obviously for practice sessions only, fellow musicians might understand but the general public would stare and point !

Personally I couldnt take the embarrasment :oops:

I stand alone and proud, head held high in the face of an onslaught of predjudice and ridicule.

I will not yield!

End repression; Equal rights for dimples now!

:evil: 8) :evil: 8) :evil: 8) :evil: 8) :evil: 8)

jawillik, don't be worry.
A lot of people don't have a dimple. Or only a small one.
And they are frustrated all night and day.

So be happy and proud.
'cause you have a dimple!!

Sl?inte

Because of this Dimple discussion
I had none rests anymore.
I was completely excited and nervous.
I wanted to be quite sure. So I went to my guitar studio.
And what have I seen there?
My Tokai LP has two dimples!!!

Look here:

I think there could be more sinister forces at work here :evil: .

Im thinking that these dimples are the sign of a secret society.....

Burn that reborn of yours Togps, its a spy, with concealed dimples, set fire to it, or at least throw it in a river, if it sinks to the bottom, we were all wrong but dont take the risk..... Its the guitar equivalent of the illuminati....

declan said:
my life will be in danger now... i must leave with haste and go into hiding

Be Afraid. BE VERY AFRAID!
images.jpg

it is not possible :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back