Love Rock with '60s slim taper neck?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, I don?t think so. I?ve been thinking about the same thing for a long time. I?ve played several different Love Rock?s (like, since ?89) and never seen one with slim taper. Always when I get change to try a new LS I do so. They?ve done few different neck shapes, but In my opinion, never the Slim Taper. Early eighties and mid eighties got some slimmer necks but they are narrow all around, not flat like slim taper. My eighties LS has rather slim neck compared to ?95 LS i got. This ?95 model in fact has got a HUGE neck. Maybe even too thick for me.
The reason why I?d like to see Slim Taper on a Tokai, is that my ES335 reissue has a slim taper neck and sometimes it feels terrific to me. If you play some "hard to play" chords etc, is really nice. Also mid neck solos are more easy to play. But on the other hand you can?t play "with your whole fist"-style if you know what I mean. Like SRV. You?ve got to be tender with slim taper. Think of Peter Green here (which many of us here seem to be admiring, including me).
So, if anyone know a Tokai LS with Slim Taper, please post some facts here. I?d like to see/get one too.

Latest posts

Back