left hand tokai LS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazz

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

My first post (not my last hopefully) where can I see, try, buy a Tokai ls150? I have looked all over the place but have not seen one anywhere. :( Oh yes just to complicate matters.............I'M LEFT HANDED, sinister!

try RichTONE; they currently have 3 LS1000 models listed, based on the LS-150 & all 3 are (pictured as) leftys.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-LS1000-Electric-Guitar-30th-Anniversary-13-HDC_W0QQitemZ300184582665QQihZ020QQcategoryZ112670QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-LS1000-Electric-Guitar-30th-Anniversary-18-VF_W0QQitemZ300184582670QQihZ020QQcategoryZ112670QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-LS1000-Electric-Guitar-30th-Anniversary-15-HDC_W0QQitemZ300184582688QQihZ020QQcategoryZ112670QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.taniguchi-gakki.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=137_144

http://www.taniguchi-gakki.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=137_144

@ here it is man, you gotta get one of their LS210L's !!!!!!!!!!!!

this store is japan's only left hand guitar special store in tokyo.

i think they dont do the international business but i can help you

in between if you want. it will be very inexpensive i gurantee it !!!!!!!!

PM me for more help ok man, later............................joe,

:wink:

Thanks for your help, The maple tops on the guitars at Richtone don't look as good as some 'lesser models'that i've seen on the forum no offence or disrespect to anybody but it's got to LOOK right for that sort of money,............dosen't it? And THATpimple nipple thing on the headstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY? Do all British/European Tokai's have that?

bazz said:
And THATpimple nipple thing on the headstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY? Do all British/European Tokai's have that?

+1 - maybe you could find a NOS model? I managed to find an '05, I don't fancy that headstock thingy at all. Here's mine:-

Picture007.jpg

8) yo mr.bazz, got your request and will email you soon. just emailed
the store tonight for you to get all the final infos. if they still have a guitar
which is most likely then its all a piece of cake after that. you will get that
super cool LS210L VF very soon super affordable.......so, later man.....joe,
:wink:

bazz said:
And THATpimple nipple thing on the headstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY? Do all British/European Tokai's have that?

All UK imported Tokai should have that dimple for legal reasons. There is the odd one that gets sent by mistake, but very seldom.

LS150 in left hand is currently a special order item within the UK. LS150 are literally like gold dust and a leftie rarer still. The LS1000 mentioned above are the only ones we have left out of a load sold.

Bazz, dunno if you've read the other posts on the forum, but 2 points to remember.

1 - if you buy from outside the EC, you have to pay import duties, customs duties, whatever they're called, so it's not nearly as cheap as it looks.

2 - if you buy from abroad, buy a case with your guitar. There have been 2 stories in 2 months about people who had Gibson type Tokais shipped and they arrived damaged - they both failed to buy a case.

Personally, if I was going to buy a new Tokai, I'd need a lot of convincing not to buy from Richtone (though I have no connection with them).

But it's your decision....

Mike

Cheers Mike I'm aware of the import charges,VAT ,ect about 23%? of the price paid,a guess at the moment but having read various posts i will use that as a 'ball park'! I would never order a guitar unless it's in a hard case and packaged properly! Iwould love to buy a guitar from Richtone but they do not have any left handers of that spec. Does anyone know if a batch are due in? Thanks for the advice I love this place :D

I honestly dont know why folk get wrapped up in that '1mmoftinylittlebitofwood' on the headstock thing, who's going to notice that from more that from a few feet away? While Richtone's LS1000's may not have the 'bling factor' when it comes to tops (and with the LS1000's it was a case of 1st come 1st served), I'll bet they play and sound wonderfully anyway

If I wanted another lefty LS1000, I wouldnt think twice about getting another

...bling top or not

Hi AMO
Have just seen your ls1000 very nice If only they all had a fantastic 'flame' like that, nice colour too.Have you done any mod's to it?

Nah, its all stock as I like the way the pickups sound and its already got orange drop caps, aluminium tailpiece etc so I doubt i'll do anything to it other than play it to death :D

:D Hi guys just a quick update,I am now a very happy Tokai owner having just imported a LS210lvf from Japan, what a fantastic guitar.More details later (+pics hopefully).
Thanks for all the advice and info guys.......later :D :D :D

Back