Japanese es65?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelcaster

Reaction score
hi guys
first post here - hope its ok to ask a question.
i spotted a tokai 335 style on oz ebay here. looks lovely but i'm suspicious that its not really a japanese model (as described). firstly i can't find much at all about the model es65 and secondly the serial looks to be 6 digits? the auction with pix is here if anyone feels to chip in with some thoughts:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230475067958

much appreciated for your input guys.

cheers
kris

My feeling is that it's not Japanese - logo and truss rod cover are wrong.

I don't want to say what it might be, as I know squat about non-MIJ (I've consciously, and without reason, decided not to be interested in that stuff).

Oh yeah, welcome aboard! :D

JVsearch said:
My feeling is that it's not Japanese - logo and truss rod cover are wrong.

I don't want to say what it might be, as I know squat about non-MIJ (I've consciously, and without reason, decided not to be interested in that stuff).

Oh yeah, welcome aboard! :D

thanks mate. i don't know anything about these guitars but that was my hunch too.

nice to be here anyways. the search is on for a japanese 335. will be interested to learn more on these forums.

That's not Japanese, it's either Korean or (more likely) Chinese. As far as I know, 65 is too low a model number for anything recent that is made in Japan.

Mike

Latest posts

Back