eBay Buyer Protection CAN work!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

On 3rd October I bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320595578494

It was about to sell for a low price, so I put in a bid and won it. As I usually do, I paid in full within minutes via Paypal.

That's it - nothing else happened!

Three days later, I sent a message asking when the guitar was sent. No reply. I sent two more messages - no reply. On 10th October I requested the seller's contact details & phoned him. There was a message telling me that the phone is not accepting calls. I then sent a final message on 11th October & I raised a dispute on eBay, which gives the seller the chance to respond or put matters right. Nothing.

So, yesterday I escalated the matter to eBay for them to make a decision about the case. This morning I received an e.mail from eBay telling me that they had refunded the full amount I paid (including postage) to my Paypal account. We often complain about eBay (high fees, poor customer service etc.), so it's nice to be able to report something positive about them - it's hard to fault them in this case. So well done eBay! :D

As for the silent seller, I did wonder if he had suddenly died, but he received feedback as a buyer yesterday, so that suggests that he's still alive, somewhere. So if any of you see any other guitars offered for sale by digitalprimate, my advice to you is not to bid. There are plenty of honest & decent sellers on eBay, but this guy doesn't appear to be one of them.

Mike

Good result & reassuring. I wonder if he just didn't honour the auction as he though the price was too low or if he's just tying to rip people off.

It's odd the a previuos sales search shows up nothing on ebay but goofbay shows thre items, including yours, all sold on the same day!

http://www.goofbay.com/ebay_seller_history_tool.html?gsl_username=digitalprimate&go=&gsl_days=30&gsl_include=sold&gsl_submit=

Dave

DaveWW said:
Good result & reassuring. I wonder if he just didn't honour the auction as he though the price was too low or if he's just tying to rip people off.

I wondered the same thing Dave. It will be interesting to see if any feedback appears for the other two transactions.

What a *******...was his first try as a seller and started with a rip off - nice :evil:

Well done e bay for once!Congrats Mike.Maybe digitalprimate should be renamed as thieivingmonkeyfingers :evil: Gabe.

Diodibuh said:
great. But I think this protection works only if you pay by Paypal?

Yes that's right. It's good to know they give something back in return for the fees we pay when sell stuff.

I used a dispute last year, because I paid for a skateboard for my son but after a month I didn` t received it. After 10 days I suddenly received the board. Ebay send me a message that a dispute waits for me. I` m glad that I didn`t need it anymore. Anyway... I guess that Ebay protection really works.

Latest posts

Back