eBay get it right sometimes

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Much to my surprise, eBay have actually done something helpful. :p A seller failed to send me a couple of cheap CDs I bought - long story, he said they were lost in the post etc etc. Anyway, in frustration, I left the seller a negative, so he responded by giving me my first negative.

I complained to eBay that this was unfair, as I had done nothing wrong - I paid for a CD I didn't receive. I assumed nothing would happen, but I got this e.mail today.

We're really sorry to see that you received negative feedback from one of your sellers recently. You're one of our most active and loyal customers, so it's important to us to help you resolve this issue.

As you may know, we only remove feedback in very limited circumstances. However, since we've confirmed with PayPal that you made a payment for this item, we have decided to remove the feedback from your profile.

We're processing the removal request now; it may take a couple of days for the feedback to disappear from the website

So I thought I would share this with forum members - it does prove that it is possible to complain, and get something done, even by eBay. The negative feedback has already gone, so I have my 100% score back again. :p

Mike

Well that's better than my experience! I have over 400 +ve and 2 -ve feedbacks, one of the -ves is followed up by a message from the buyer (no longer registered) saying ' sorry made a mistake item recieved OK' and ebay refused to delete that one???

Another ebay story:

Bought a brand new PC on ebay from a company in Liverpool which did not work after waiting nearly 2 months for delivery!! When they refused to take the PC back I sent them a letter stating my rights to return the PC under the sale of good act. I got a call from the seller saying ' don't f*** with me I know where you live!!" He also called my emplyer claiming to be from the Microsoft anti-fraud squad saying I should be sacked as I had stolen Windows from my employer, total lies!!

At the time I was an ebay power seller so I called ebay and told them about the threats they replied ' we have checked your account and are not selling enough to keep your power seller status so we will have to end the call, do not call back'

Anyway well done Mike :D

Sorry to hear that John - doesn't sound fair to me. I think their new feedback system is starting next month, so sellers won't be able to leave negative feedback any more. That doesn't sound an ideal system to me either - it would be better if they just took action (like they did in my case) a bit more often when things go wrong.

Maybe it's just the luck of the draw which worker deals with your case in their huge call centre?. If so, I got one of the good ones.

8)

Back