Bacchus BST 64

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. You can either take the readings by touching both of the blobs of solder on the underside of the pickups (one with each prong from the meter), or by touching one prong to the earth (usually the back of the volume pot) and the other to the white wire from each pickup where it's soldered to the switch.

:D

JohnA said:
That would make total sense, it's exactly what I believe too, but the info that's out there at the moment suggests the Yuta's are hotter than the older ones.

Similar to the situation with the Tokai E pickups. When I joined the forum, I was told that the Es are the hottest of the Tokai Strat pickups. Having measured 2 sets of Es, as well as Us & V1s, it turns out that the Es are the least powerful of them all. You could argue that the Es are "vintage correct", but they are certainly not hot.

stratman323 said:
Cool. You can either take the readings by touching both of the blobs of solder on the underside of the pickups (one with each prong from the meter), or by touching one prong to the earth (usually the back of the volume pot) and the other to the white wire from each pickup where it's soldered to the switch.

:D

Easiest way, and accurate enough, is to plug a short lead in to the jack socket, turn the vol & tone to full and measure the resistance accross the tip and barrel of the plug on the other end of the lead.

JohnA said:
Easiest way, and accurate enough, is to plug a short lead in to the jack socket, turn the vol & tone to full and measure the resistance accross the tip and barrel of the plug on the other end of the lead.

:lol: Never thought of that. :oops: Just tried it, & it tends to read about .1 or .2 less, but I guess it's the more realistic figure - it's what the amp gets.

8)

It's certainly the easiest option :wink: Obviously make sure you have the pickup you are measuring selected. Interestingly, note the reistance of the in-between selections, it's much lower than you would expect.

Yep, they are wired in parallel, and 2 wired in series is twice as much. It's taking me back to physics at school, when I never thought I would need to know about resistance & stuff like that once I was an adult.

:lol:

stratman323 said:
Yep, they are wired in parallel, and 2 wired in series is twice as much. It's taking me back to physics at school, when I never thought I would need to know about resistance & stuff like that once I was an adult.

:lol:

You're an adult? :eek:

MIJvintage said:
some folks cannot see the forest for the trees :roll: ................................

Why does this have to be a contest to see who is the cleverest?

:(

Very sad. Most people on here happily share their knowledge, not just drop what they consider to be clues, then laugh when others can't work out what they are talking about.

stratman323 said:
MIJvintage said:
some folks cannot see the forest for the trees :roll: ................................

:(

Very sad. Most people on here happily share their knowledge, not just drop what they consider to be clues, then laugh when others can't work out what they are talking about.

I was under the impression that someone here was interested in what they have & I provided way more than clues; I showed you the GD forest but there are too many trees in someone's eyes ...................

MIJvintage said:
I was under the impression that someone here was interested in what they have & I provided way more than clues; I showed you the GD forest but there are too many trees in someone's eyes ...................

Why do you have to speak in riddles? I really don't understand this attitude.

stratman323 said:
MIJvintage said:

Why do you have to speak in riddles? I really don't understand this attitude.

Information Yuta you seek young Stratman, patience you must have :wink:

Mike, with all due respect to any & all members here, your implications of some here being mysterious, attempting to be clever, dropping only clues, speaking in riddles, etc., is completely uncalled for, and is very inaccurate.

I believe anyone that has either a Bacchus Alnico Special example, or a Bacchus Yuta example in their hands, even a first grader, can observe the photos I have supplied in this thread, and also read the comments I have posted here, and readily figure out with 99% odds of certainty, which example they have.

Your comments demonstrate an ungrateful nature, particularly so when someone has supplied such detailed information, that you refer to as ?clues?.

Like I stated, I brought the forest to this thread, yet I get trampled on like I am the bad guy. Wow, awesome ...........

The next time you feel like taking a figurative dump on a fellow member, maybe you can sit back for a minute, and determine if that member is here just to stir the pot, or to actually make a contribution.

No wonder I retired from this place ?????????

Mike wrote:

>Why all this cloak-and-dagger mystery stuff? That's not how we do things on the forum, we share information to help each other. Don't we?

Why do you have to speak in riddles? I really don't understand this attitude.<

Really no offense MIJ, I have the greatest respect for your knowledge but I didn't understand what you were trying to say either... sorry.

/Magnus

mrsuspend said:
Really no offense MIJ, I have the greatest respect for your knowledge but I didn't understand what you were trying to say either... sorry.

/Magnus

I'm in the confused club too :wink:

On a side note:

DSCF5210-1.jpg

DSCF5222-1.jpg

Thanks Hishashi, can't wait to get her. Hope you don't mind me using your pix while I wait.

MIJvintage said:
I believe anyone that has either a Bacchus Alnico Special example, or a Bacchus Yuta example in their hands, even a first grader, can observe the photos I have supplied in this thread, and also read the comments I have posted here, and readily figure out with 99% odds of certainty, which example they have.

Your comments demonstrate an ungrateful nature, particularly so when someone has supplied such detailed information, that you refer to as ?clues?.

Like I stated, I brought the forest to this thread, yet I get trampled on like I am the bad guy. Wow, awesome ...........

The next time you feel like taking a figurative dump on a fellow member, maybe you can sit back for a minute, and determine if that member is here just to stir the pot, or to actually make a contribution.

No wonder I retired from this place ?????????

Like Magnus, I also have the greatest respect for your knowledge in this field (or is it a forest now? :-? ), but I find all this talk of forests very strange. And to suggest, as you have above, that "even a first grader" could work out what I and a few others are confused by is just plain insulting.

And yet you accuse me of taking a "figurative dump" on you? :eek: Huh? You might like to recall that I stuck up for you when a certain former member was attacking you, & I encouraged you to remain as a forum member when you threatened to leave.

I really don't understand why this thread has descended into retribution like this. Most regrettable.

:cry:

Thanks JohnA,

It has some nitro damage on it. It looks like it had been left on a stand for awhile, it has damage on the two spots on the bottom, and also on the neck where it would lean against the stand. Of course, that is why I got it for about 1/2 price from what they usually go for. Just couldn't resist. I have not seen many of these semi-hollows. I think maybe it is a BTT-69? Anyone?

So, after posting all of the photos I posted & all of the explanations, it really didn't help anyone here to differentiate between an Alnico Special set up & a Yuta set up? cool ............

Latest posts

Back