Authenticity

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Again. The seller told me it’s genuine. came in a Yamaha case and a receipt inside looks like 6000 yen. Just want to be sure I have a fender strat mim water slide headstock and I have doubts as to its authenticity or it’s just pieced together.

However this Tokai got those SRV tones after plugging it in I’m happy it’s the strat I never had

Shinescheid said:
Thanks Again. The seller told me it’s genuine. came in a Yamaha case and a receipt inside looks like 6000 yen. Just want to be sure I have a fender strat mim water slide headstock and I have doubts as to its authenticity or it’s just pieced together.

The "50" decal is typical for an ST-50 model, if you want to be sure you can remove the neck (check code at the end of the neck) and pickguard (check for codes in the neck pickup or control cavity). Are the tuners stamped "Deluxe" and the bridge saddles "Final Prospec"?

Mike

Shinescheid said:
Thank You Javelin for reply.

UnFortunately I see that anybody can buy A Tokai waterslide decal for the headstock.

I did not see a stamp on the fretboard near the 21st fret.

Would the springy sound 50 have a stamp there or would it be on the neck or not at all ? all I see is a 50 decal Near heel joint

no stamp on the neck as this changed to a sticker in mid 1980
deluxe tuners came in late 81 at the earliest
the replacement decals don't quite look the same with regard to the metallic part also they will look brand new.

Hi All, got this email from Japan regarding-Hello

The Tokai in our shop is probably a water slide head decal.
The guitar on this Reverb site is probably genuine and there is no mistake.
The sticker has the same individual thing as the photo.

Thank you
TC GAKKI
DAIKI

javelin70 said:
Shinescheid said:

UnFortunately I see that anybody can buy A Tokai waterslide decal for the headstock.

Would the springy sound 50 have a stamp there or would it be on the neck or not at all ? all I see is a 50 decal Near heel joint

1981-82 does not have the fretboard stamp. The decal replaced the stamp and is often missing.

Mike

Why mine is a 78 springy but doesnt have a stamp on the fretboard ?

Jeremycanlapan said:
javelin70 said:
Shinescheid said:

1981-82 does not have the fretboard stamp. The decal replaced the stamp and is often missing.

Mike

In early (first batch) 1978 the Springy's did not have the 'fretboard stamp' yet.

felixcatus said:
Jeremycanlapan said:
javelin70 said:

Mike

In early (first batch) 1978 the Springy's did not have the 'fretboard stamp' yet.

From what ive heard first batch is first 6 months that made for japan domestic only if so Are those first batch rare ?

Mine is a little bit odd because it is a 78' first batch with a butterfly string tree

Latest posts

Back