'79 ST80 GSR

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, one of his few RW board Springys. I've looked at that one more than once......

A one year older sister to mine, looks in even better condition too. Nice. I hope it compares to your other Springy. You might even want to sell the other one?

:wink:

Mike

:lol:

There are a few dings on mine, not that I'm at all bothered by that. I suspect that Mark prefers to deal in guitars that have been looked after, whereas I would be just as happy with one that's been on the road a bit.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

8)

stratman323 said:
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

I'm also looking forward to get at home,but for some reasons Mark is not able to ship it before the end of the month.
Besides the dings on the back it looks pretty clean and i love the grain of the
front.
In the meantime i await new pups for the SS60,this thing sounds killer unplugged.It is loud as a 335. :eek:
Michael from Leosounds needs two weeks to wind them,i hope i get them next week.

Volker

heh ..reason i cant ship till 20th feb is that I am in Hawaii surfing rather large waves..

and of course looking in every pawn shop on the islands for some hidden gems,...

:D :D

Hi Mark, how long have you been in Hawaii? I got back last week from being there two weeks. It would have been fun to get together. I didn't find many guitars in the shops, but tons of Ukes lol

villager said:
heh ..reason i cant ship till 20th feb is that I am in Hawaii surfing rather large waves..

and of course looking in every pawn shop on the islands for some hidden gems,...

:D :D

Finally she's arrived today,thanks Mark.
The E's on this one read,
neck 6,25
middle 6,22
brigde 6,15
Here are some pics
HPIM0646.jpg

HPIM0645.jpg

HPIM0644.jpg

and that. :eek:
HPIM0643.jpg

Volker

Wow, those Es read a lot higher than my 2 sets. :eek: I wonder why? Maybe this is why some people like them more than I do - theirs sound different?

I was totaly surprised and measured them twice. :D
They sound a little different, fatter and you can overdrive them without
the brittle of the lower reading ones.
But what you think about this neckstamp? :roll:

Volker

settebello said:
I was totaly surprised and measured them twice. :D
They sound a little different, fatter and you can overdrive them without
the brittle of the lower reading ones.
But what you think about this neckstamp? :roll:

Volker

Yeah that makes sense - great!

Well the neck stamp is...different.....

:eek:

ochay will tell you it must be a fake, as neck & body codes ALWAYS match.

:roll:

Latest posts

Back