1987 Goldie term arm diameter?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barks67

Reaction score
Hi all,

What is the diameter of the tremolo arms of mid/late 80's Goldstars?

5mm, 5.5mm or 6mm?

I have recently put the original steel block back in the guitar with the rest of the newer Gotoh tremolo parts, and it has improved the sound considerably over the gotoh's zinc block.
The Gotoh arm does not really bite with the block thread though and seems thinner.

Thanks

Thanks Suki,

Darn...it looks as if the bore of the block has stretched then - as the 3 arms I have are also 5mm.

Was hoping to not have to get a new block - the Gotoh one is inferior compare to the original Tokai steel one I put back in -I liked having at least ONE original mechanical part on the instrument!

Cheers

Barks

I've got some 5.5mm arms if you need one - bought a load of them and will probably never get round to needing many of them. PM me if you want me to send you one (i think you are in the UK right?). You may be able to squeeze one in, but may need to slightly enlarge the trem plate hole.

S

Major thanks to Suki for getting me back on the road to tremolo recovery!

After a bit of bending, jigging and re-boring the bridge plate to 5.5mm I have a good working tremolo arm again with very little play - in the original steel block.

Back