1982 Love Rock LS100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
boy, this is a lively thread.
FYI the 1982 LS-100 V is stated as having a veneer top. The LS-120, LS-150 and LS-200 all have solid flame tops. The LS-80 has solid plain top.
1984 LS-80 and LS-100 both have veneer top, LS-150 and LS-200 have solid flame top and LS-50 and LS-60 have solid plain top.
These are the facts stated in the Tokai catalog for those years.
Having said that and looking at the pics posted, it is hard not to think that this LS-100 has a solid flame top with no veneer - it could happen. The fact it is a AA top could also account for why a veneer was not added.
LS-100 tended to have centre-seam maple under the veneer - unlike the LS-80 and later LS-60's. As the top is carved away it may have been that the flame came out and so it was felt a veneer was not required. I have read that even Gibbos have been found to have this happen - the maple looks plain as a slab but carving reveals a flame underneath.
Anyway , it is a fine guitar so just shut up and play it
regards
Peter Mac

sorry to bump this thread up again guys....

but i just restrung my Love Rock LS75q.. which i know should be and im pretty sure it is.... well anyways like the guy who mad ethis post says cause his guitars maple cap like goes right up to the bulk of the top from the centre seem well i quickly whipped out pups just to see if there was a clear line where the veneer met up on the top from the bottom of the maple cap and well it does it looks as if the top on my love rock is solid to which is know it is not so i am also pretty sure that scotts love rock is laminate to.... coz as i said my laminate and 2 piece maple top matches the laminate joint to making it look like a solid top perfectly so.....

Peter Mac said:
As the top is carved away it may have been that the flame came out and so it was felt a veneer was not required. I have read that even Gibbos have been found to have this happen - the maple looks plain as a slab but carving reveals a flame underneath.

thats what I was thinking.

Not that it proves anything, but my LS80 has some light flame to it.
Go figure.

Blind Mellon Chitlin. Blimey, that's a name I haven't heard for years Cheech.

Is the jury still out on this top?

Looks pretty solid to me.

Hutton Steel said:
I think it's made of wood.

Actually, I joined photobucket and reposted some of the photos a while ago, so now my argument outlined on page 2 should make more sense and be much easier to follow.

In the interest of forum harmony I did not bump the thread at that point, since it seems that people have had enough of this particular argument (eh, Hans?).

But, yes. I believe you are correct. It is made of wood.

You're probably wrong. By the way sentence doesn't have an 'a' in it. Also, if you are proud enough of your country of origin perhaps you could post it up so that I can think of phrases to respond to your posts.

Hi again Hutton,

I'm English, so how can I possibly be proud of my country. Anyway, I live in Oz now and it's much nicer here. :wink:

Love Scotland. My ex boss in the UK was a Scot. I couldn't have had a better boss anywhere in the world.

I went to Spain in a town called Lorette Del Mar in Costa Brava- I hooked up with a couple English guys and they were talking in Rymes very difficult to understand-
I asked them what did you say?
and they asked
"whats wrong don't you understand f#cken english"

What a wild night it was after we dropped of their girlfriends and went slutting around in different disco's.

Check out the LS80 at the bottom-Mild Flame top-No veneer-

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/showalbum.php?aid=3961&uuid=1257

Ochay, it's Lloret del Mar :wink: in a place called Costa Brava, a touristic town near to Barcelona......
As far as I know Oldflame knows Spain too :wink: so you have one more similarities between you both.... 8)

Next time just let me know if you come here.

I can't really understand slang too.

Back