1981 LS100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mojo hobo said:
MAN, That is some serious money for a ls100,If it is? :eek: But that top is so rare and perfect,i would bump the price up by 40,000 yen as well!
I never got it ,anyone here bag it!Luckly SOB :evil:

MOJO HOBO

:D

Negotiated price was 185,000 yen......looks to be original case and with that gorgeous top I couldn't stop myself 8) .....any chance there will be markings in the pup cavity to clear up any of the mystery :-?

24be.jpg

52fa.jpg

wow, nice catch :D
that is on par with a LS-200 because of one item; it has a SOLID top :wink:
when you think of it in those terms, you gotta feel very good :D

that makes two LS-100s in just a short time; the very rare all mahogany goldie & now this one 8)

soon you will be able to do a Tokai book for the LS crowd :D ..............

jacco said:
that is on par with a LS-200 because of one item; it has a SOLID top

true, but so is a LS-80

true, but the very few flamed/figured LS-80 tops I have seen don't have anything on the LS-100 top that Bob purchased

I believe the LS-100 top looks quite a bit better than some LS-200 tops I have seen 8) .....................

MIJvintage said:
jacco said:
that is on par with a LS-200 because of one item; it has a SOLID top

true, but so is a LS-80

true, but the very few flamed/figured LS-80 tops I have seen don't have anything on the LS-100 top that Bob purchased

I believe the LS-100 top looks quite a bit better than some LS-200 tops I have seen 8) .....................

Well, I am the lucky owner of a 1979 flamed LS-80 but you're right this top is truely amazing. For me it's primarely the colour that gives it that little extra

the maple top looks like a 'flitch' match, which is my preference for a LP top

the top color finish looks like a naturally yellowed clear coat but I'm wondering what it really is :-?

the combination of the flitch matched & figured maple top, and the top color finish is very appealing :D

probably won't ever see another 8) ..................................

Thanks everyone for the nice words.After two big purchases this week I was having a bit of buyers remorse but feeling better now :) .....As long as it's original finish and I have no reason to believe otherwise,all is good. :D

CONGRATS HUNTER,Well done ,i have to say ! That you really have only one chance in a lifetime to acquire such a beautiful and dare i say it rare and perfect top like that :D
Fortune favours the brave!I hope that it is everything you hoped for and more,cannot wait to see what the cavity might unfold.

I am very ,very green with envy :evil:

MOJO HOBO

congrats! fairly rare babe. especially with the DiMs.
Could you pls post some pup-cave pcis when you get her?
thx mate, rup

mojo hobo said:
CONGRATS HUNTER,Well done ,i have to say ! That you really have only one chance in a lifetime to acquire such a beautiful and dare i say it rare and perfect top like that :D
Fortune favours the brave!I hope that it is everything you hoped for and more,cannot wait to see what the cavity might unfold.

I am very ,very green with envy :evil:

MOJO HOBO

:D Thanks Mojo and Rup....will be sure to post many pics..........

Back