1980 Ls120 for Sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochay

Reaction score
10.15 lbs>>WOW_
but that is typical in my experiance for the early Tokai "Old" and early Loverocks-
That's why I like the 1981 models- Nice un Light !!
==============================================================================================

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-Tokai-LS-120_W0QQitemZ160204834937QQihZ006QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have had 79-1980 reborns and loverocks from 8.5lbs to 10.5 lbs ...

generally they are around 9 and a bit ..under 9 is rare, over 10 is a bit more common....sayapprox 20 /50/30 split..

of course there are a few 11lb monsters in there too...but those were both LS-50's,

interesting point tho....

what does everyone regard as light, medium, and heavy guitars?..(LP's)

mine are

light 9lbs or less
medium 9-10 lbs
heavy over 10lbs

villager said:
what does everyone regard as light, medium, and heavy guitars?..(LP's)

mine are

light 9lbs or less
medium 9-10 lbs
heavy over 10lbs

I agree with that pretty much :wink:

I have owned two Burny RLG models with 1 piece body backs, that weighed 8 lb., which IMO is extremely light weight.
They didn't seem to have very good acoustic properties/tonal response.

8.5 to 9.0 lb. I would agree as being light weight, and IMO seems to be the best weight for acoustic/tonal response from my experience

It's kind of odd that in most cases, I consistantly get the best acoustic/tonal response from the ones in the 8.75 lb. to 9.00 lb. range

This covers many brand names, and of course there are exceptions but from my experience, very few exceptions

Hi yall ,

I just figured out : total sales price including all taxes , customs and insured transport to Germany is approximately 2200.- Euros :eek: :eek:

Even for a brick quite a lotta money :lol:

Cars'n Guitars

Hot Rod

i've had 3 1980 Ls-80's. Two were well over 10lbs. I sold those 2 because I couldn't "feel" them. I'd hit a string and get no response in the body. It was like they were wrapped in a blanket. The one I have now is around 9lbs and is sweet by comparison.

Latest posts

Back