which of the japanese dealers answer mails in english?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roe

Reaction score
When I've found nice tokais on japanese web pages, I've tried to write mails. Problem is noboy, except Ishibashi WEB SHOP, answers.

Do you have the same problem?

I had the same problem - Ishibashi did write back to me after a while, though, so I wouldn't give up on them. The only other shop that answered my emails (I think it was Kurosawa Gakki, but I forget now) told me they no longer shipped to the US, anyway.

- Chris

The same problems ...

... so I switched to the ...bay-shops, misixstringkatana e.g., the shop of Katana-guitars to buy an Edwards LP ...

... or to Retro-bazar, they also answer in English. I purchased my '85 LS150 from them.

Roger

Apollon at http://www.apollonmusic.com/ also replies in English and they stock Tokai?s too. I never ordered a guitar from them but I got decent replies to my questions. Their shipping costs are a little cheaper compared to those of Ishibashi.
Their mail address is <[email protected]>

Cheers Kappie

I've never had a reply from Apollon, despite them being quite 'internationally-friendly' (they even sell via eBay). Consequently Ishibashi get my business and I don't regret that given their (usually) prompt, polite and efficient service.

can`t get replies to english mails? Join the club...and I`m in japan. I often use translating software...not sure how it comes out but japanese to english sometimes comes out very weird... or I ask my wife to mail for me. don`t be offended, it`s just easier to sell to other japanese...they don`t haggle...or they avoid the hassle of shipping overseas, or they just don`t want to be bothered with any language other than japanese. Conversely, I`ve bought some excellent guitar on line, and had some of my most pleasant shopping experiences here.

Yoshi at Universe does, try him.
www.gs-universe.com

Regarding japanese answering yours(ours) e-mails being the usual these days I agree.I was very sucessful but I cannot contact lately.Maybe I would ask my friend Daisuke for help now he is a consultant(mediator is the word in english?) for a big japanese Corporation operating here.He is inbetween spanish workers and japanese chiefs.He rang my brother for talking a while.My guess he was too much stressed because japanese was complaining on him what the spanish workers were doing....

Ishibashi did reply to me within hours. But no questions were addressed, just some standard pictures were sent which I already had found.

The others, including the Tokai factory never responded.

another thing about this, sometimes there just isn`t anybody who speaks English in the establishment...though they`ve all studied it in school. Something else I`ve noticed here.....there often isn`t a lack of English ability, theres more of a lack of confidence in speaking it.

Latest posts

Back