Which MIJ strats have chunky necks/flatter radius?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrxplayer

Reaction score
I have a Greco SE600. Sounds and looks great but the neck is smaller than I prefer and radius "rounder." But the pickups, fit/finish, etc are great. Which MIJ strats retain the build quality and sound but have a neck more to my liking?

A few of the mij Strats have bigger neck profiles on the maple necked versions, notably Bacchus Vintage Series, BST-54 and 57 models. They are all vintage spec radius though. For a flatter radius you need to be looking at current production, Bacchus, Fender Japan, of some of the Tokai goldstars (with funny headstock)

FWIW i have a fender/fujigen st62-us that has a pretty big c neck 9.5 radius. it's real fat for a fender. it is a 2006 lake placid blue, absolutely the best guitar deal i have, i got it from tak at katana giuitars for 499 plus shipping. came with fender 57/62 pickups, full size pots, blade switch. in my opinion some of the best strat deals out there. oh yeah, all the hardware is american spaced which is cool cause you can get a rolled steel trem block that fits perfect from gfs for 20 bucks.

hey Thermion do you like the 57/62 pups? just put em in my jv squier seem a little low output hmmm?

beastman1 said:
hey Thermion do you like the 57/62 pups? just put em in my jv squier seem a little low output hmmm?

That's because they are wound based upon vintage specs... which are lower output (less than 6.0) than some of the current, hotter pickups. Just push your amp a little more.

I find them to be more toneful

Back