Help identifying 2012 China (CN) serial number Love Rock - Number 3 hand written in neck pocket

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersn

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here, hoping for a spot of help in identifying my Chinese made CN numbered 2012 Love Rock. I have read the best way to identify which model it is is by removing the neck pickup and looking for clues. There is a number "3" hand written in the neck pickup pocket, that seems to be all there is. There is nothing in the bridge pocket. The serial is CN122050849. It is a pretty heavy guitar, has a similar weight to an un-chambered Gibson. The pickups are stamped "BH" or maybe "HB" over a square at an angle with an F on the neck and an R on the bridge, and have printed stickers that identify them both as BHC - in other words they look like the usual pickups fitted to Tokais. The finish seems to be CS from the 2010 catalogue I found here, suggesting it might be an ALS48 as on page 20? Let me know if you want pictures. Cheers, Norm, Australia.

Last edited:
Welcome. And we do need pictures of the guitar front and back. On the Chinese ones there won’t be much helpful information stamped in the cavities.

And for convenience, here is the 2012 catalog page with the Chinese LP's.

Scan 1 17.jpeg

Back