USGP90 is simply fantastic + P90 reverse phase question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Reaction score
Well what an amazing guitar this is, I got this this afternoon and I am extremely satisfied with the sound and the feel of the guitar. Another complete winner from Tokai.

The guitar is light, a beautiful cherry red. The neck is nice and chunky, the P90s are bright and loud. Very low hum and great clarity. The balance of the guitar feels just right. I had tried a few Epi's before and the balance on these was awful. I have it rigged up to a 1960 croc skin Selmer Treble and Bass 50 with a 1970 Marshall 4X12 with Pre Rolas and I am in heaven right now.

The intonation is spot on as well, something that was a little concerning on a guitar with out any adjusters on the bridge except height.

I'll post some images without flash tomorrow.

QUESTION

Can you use P90s in reverse phase with sucess? I have a 1978 Reborn that I Jimmy Page modded and I love the sound of this guitar. I had a look on the SDuncan site + google and I cant find a P90 RPhase diagram but I would love to find one. Any help gratefully accepted.

Barry

I bet it would sound great. You could just swap the 'hot' and 'ground' wires on one of your pickups. Do you want to make it switcheable though?

I would like to make it switchable from a push pull tone pot. Also the two pickups in series would be nice on the other tone pot.

I cant find any P90 wiring diagrams after an extensive search....

yes I had a look at these this morning but because it isnt a full diagram I am a little unsure of how to wire this up? Lots of other diagrams show all the components so you can see the both vol and tone pots and see all the wiring... not being very intuitive with wiring I really need a full diagram.

8bit Barry said:
yes I had a look at these this morning but because it isnt a full diagram I am a little unsure of how to wire this up? Lots of other diagrams show all the components so you can see the both vol and tone pots and see all the wiring... not being very intuitive with wiring I really need a full diagram.

Just use an equivalent 2-conductor humbucker diagram, it'll be the same principle and easier to find.

Here are the pictures. The darker red stain hides the two piece split line very well. On the lower picture the 'square' on the body is the reflection of my tool box I used to rest the camera on.

sg2.jpg

sg1.jpg

That looks great! Thanks for the temptation to spend more money. :)

The body join is totally invisible in that pic, too - VERY nice!!!

Jim

Back