Just bagged the last USGP90, what should I expect?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Reaction score
I just ordered a UPGP90 and I want to ask other owners what the guitar feels like, I am really hoping that the guitar doesnt feel too neck heavy like Epihpones I have tried out. It wont get here for another week or so and I am itching to get my hands on it. Cherry Red, brand new, only one in the UK according to TOkai UK.

I was really into the idea of a P90 version as I own two Reborns (1978 and an 80 Goldtop) and being so impressed by the sound quality of these I went looking for a P90 SG for an alternative vibe. I have a 1971 Marshall Super PA that the LPs sound great through and an old 1960 Selmer Treble and Bass (croc skin) that my Strat sounds wonderful through, so I am hoping the two amps will compliment this guitar very well. ANy opinions about the sound I should expect?

I find very few images or comments about the P90 SG so I was hoping someone would help back me up that spending ?599 on an unthoughtout gamble was a good plan!

Barry

Is it like this one? If so, you're in for a treat:

CIMG0933.jpg

CIMG0929.jpg

CIMG0934.jpg

yes it is identical but cherry red. Saw a Bluesbreaker and SG Classic on Youtube today, sounded lush.

Hey Marcus,

I dig the SG Special look (and especially the TV Yellow of yours), but the one thing that really bugs me with the lower end Tokai's is the very obvious multiple-piece bodies. My TJ60 is the same deal, in it's case a very obvious three-piece body. I wish Tokai would try a little harder to make those less noticeable. I'm in the process of making my own LP Jr. copy and my body is a two piece but you have to look at the end grain to tell, it's virtually impossible to tell from looking at the top.

Jim

Yeah, I'm with you on that Jim....while matching similar grain patterns can be a task, it's not that hard to match wood shading when using multiple pieces.........the bottom half of mine obviously has a darker piece of wood.

On the bright side, she sounds incredible........I can live with the mismatched lumber!

Latest posts

Back