PRS Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys... that’s my listing. Give a guy a break. :lol:

Kidding.

And the listing is in Japan. A lot of the Japanese sellers on eBay have similar limited descriptions. I assumed it was a template they used to be able to list in English.

Sigmania said:
Lol. You really don’t like those.

I admit the way that one part of the grain took the stain I would think someone was not happy.

Still that neck has some crazy flame. I have an ST100 with an amazing flame neck, but that one is off the charts.

I'm thinking it's also had a stain applied to the neck to enhance the flame.

I just noticed the TRC in the original post has three holes. I thought that usually means it was made in Korea or China?…

At least on Gibson clones.

And no serial number….

Wondering if this is a Japanese prototype or something from the Korean custom shop I've read about in other threads?

Wish I could read the document that is with it.

I got a reply from the seller who says it was made in Japan. Said no certificate attached. So that paperwork may be unrelated.

Wondering if it could be a prototype?

Tokai Contemporary series around 2010. Low end made in China possibly and above 80 mij.

https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/tokai-2010-catalogue-vol-25/ page 18 for a few options.

Interesting... And 3 screw TRC on these and many of the 50 and below LPs.

mI8Qs4k.jpg

The headstock has some finish discoloration. Something I haven’t seem on any Tokai electric guitars before.

No matter. It’s way overpriced. Would be an interesting guitar if it were under $2,000. 8)

Back