PRS Copies PR LR LG Models

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made In Korea stamp on back of headstock as stated in thread.

JNjaOTp.jpg

LFBzeTT.jpg

BDjuf6k.jpg

vUz6OX8.jpg

https://yamahamusicians.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8052

Fakai

CsaV5Tw.png

gWtpt6G.png

zgtXOw8.png

Sa7ztKt.png

HzUZl0Z.png

7brnQL3.png

eIq7YGS.png

26eBzSq.png

wcbUnTz.png

TDrJ0BQ.png

QiNXxGX.png

zllgE20.png

9MqogJC.png

https://reverb.com/item/216737-tokai-prs-style-orange-tan-flamed

From 2003

drt said:
I knew Tokai was going to release PRS type as proto type model called Tokai PR 50T and PR 48 was and still is on sale in Japan (these guitar can be found in J-guitar.com). The picture on above looks like different head shape so this is the standard version of tokai PRS type. No one taking attension at the moment because those PRS model is produced in Korea (a few people spotted, well done) including proto type I explained. So this isn't rare guitar, although, it is looks nice, I don't know any other (major one) good PRS copy, so is this the only and best copy of PRS?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2273&p=6428&hilit=korea#p6428

2015 Tokai LG50Q Electric Guitar with Gigbag - Transparent Black

For sale - a 2015 Tokai LG50Q in excellent condition and perfect working order. The LG50Q is Tokai's solution on getting an affordable PRS model into players hands. The Tokai LG50Q is a gig worthy guitar and has nice features like the Wilkinson bridge and versatile humbuckers designed by Tokai. This guitar is previously used, though, it doesn't show much wear and the pickups and back-plate covers still have the plastic on them. Still, there are some small signs such as faint surfaces scratches from use. The guitar has been professionally set up with smooth low playing action. Includes gigbag. 

Specifications:

Serial Number - CN15000906 | Scale Length - 24.75" | Frets - 24 | Radius - 12" | Nut Width - 1.685" | Woods - Body: MPL Top/MHGNY Back Neck: RSWD Fretboard | Weight - 8 lbs 2 oz | Country of Origin - China 

9LUubVJ.jpg

lfwJZpJ.jpg

lJLk6Vp.jpg

ypUu6BO.jpg

9q29LTh.jpg

zHPI2z2.jpg

1u2zLhO.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275064698657

SfiFd93.jpg

sQfFDbY.jpg

LR40SGR? Prototype??? Custom order??

Has headstock introduced in 2003/04.

Definitely not one of the two colors offered in 2003.

Gold hardware.

NO SERIAL NUMBER

"Made In Japan"

Very expensive guitar at the time for sure. $2,500+

Carved top.

h5Ph6Wq.jpg

Cqh2omW.jpg

diP88au.jpg

AaaSLR9.png

u6rCBzv.png

0hY9pKc.png

cAsRfiA.png

Here we have a bona fide Japanese-built Tokai, a rather close copy of the PRS Custom 24. Made around 2002 from what I have been able to work out. There are very few of these about in the UK, mine is in fact the only green one I've ever seen, especially with this desirable spec. I believe these had to be quite low-profile over here due to the ever-present spectre of legal action...

You sometimes see Korean-built PRS copies from Tokai cropping up, but Japanese ones (distinguishable by that strange distorted headstock shape) seem much rarer - you certainly won't see too many more of these around. This guitar has served me very well in the time I've owned it - wonderful to play, sounds fantastic and has been completely dependable. However, in recent years I've acquired new guitars that have stolen its job somewhat, and much as I've hung on and tried to put off selling it, I now need the money to spend on other gear.

- Mahogany body and set neck (tiny heel compared to a PRS!)
- Quilted maple top
- 24-fret rosewood board
- Compensated wrap-around tailpiece
- Two aftermarket humbuckers (I was originally told they are a DiMarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro but have not had them out to check)
- 3-way toggle, volume and tone controls
- Gotoh tuners
- Weight is somewhere between 8.5 and 9lb

The neck is wide and about medium depth, and the action is really low. It's in very good condition considering its age and the fact it has been gigged quite often. Will be shipped in a good quality hard case too.

Sound-wise, it has warmth and richness that - despite its PRS-inspired styling - is almost in LP territory, but with tighter and more controlled low end. The other advantage it has over an LP is, of course, a more comfortable and better balanced body, whether playing standing or seated. Indeed, and perhaps oddly, I actually find its balance more comfortable and natural than most examples I've played of the equivalent PRS too. That low action and two-octave fretboard makes it a dream for soloing - I've played blues-rock right the way up to very technical metal on it. This guitar takes whatever you can throw at it, and just never gets in your way.

I've absolutely loved owning this guitar and I'm sure its next owner will too. I believe these were hovering around £1k new. Korean ones often sell in the £2-300 region. These Japanese models are very rare and subsequently quite difficult to value accurately, but I think £450 is a fair price for this. Second-hand PRS SE money for a guitar that is significantly higher in quality and has exclusivity on its side too. Whoever ends up with this wonderful instrument will not be disappointed.

https://reverb.com/item/25101413-2002-tokai-custom-24-green-prs-style

2003 headstock. No serial number. Note open "a" in logo. Very rare.

NO SERIAL NUMBER

LKXp4bd.jpg

h4azowi.jpg

bGmbCXQ.png

NAJL1bb.png

y9qozpV.png

mBcqcf4.png

Sorry SOLD OUT:

This one was a very cool TOKAI and is also VERY RARE -RARE to see them - its even more RARE to OWN one of these beauties in the US it is a KILLER!!!. PRS eating machine ...

Great sounding electronics it nails You know who's tone for tone ... 100% Top Condition Ready to Tour or Record tonight.

This is a High Quality unbelievably beautiful AAAA figured Quilted Maple top woods you know the one they call a 10 TOP this is TOKAI'S answer to the TORTIS Finish Custom 24 offered by PRS ... You know the one they sell for $3,500 -6,000 for ...

This Tokai is not the copy of the low end PRS...

The contours...of the body lines are just WoW! This Japanese Tokai Guitar comes with with PRS refers to as a #10 TOP ...this is a * Very High Quality instrument and is a virtual clone of one of The Finest US guitars made today the PRS...PRS makes this same type High End AAAA model and it sells for over $6000.00

Here are the facts:
This guitar was presented at the Namm Show La in 2003 This one is so very rare...Tokai LR40 SBR (See-TORTIS style finish like the PRS Tortis finish) Tokai calls it Root-beer .... That is the most amazing top

Body: Carved 4A Quilted Maple(Book Matched) Top and Two Piece Honduran Mahogany Back
Neck: One piece Honduran Mahogany Set-Neck, thick profile / very nice neck
Fingerboard: Nicely Figured Rosewood Body
Binding: Natural Maple Wood Binding -
Bridge: GTB200 Wilkinson by Gotoh, Japan(Chrome)
Machine Heads: SG38-01 Gotoh, Japan (Chrome)
Pickups: Alnico Custom-Made Paf-Vintage Gotoh, Japan
Controls: Recessed in Body, 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 3 way switch
Place of Origin: Hamamatsu, Japan
List Price: $2,500

Tokai Gakki of Japan as one would expect has really done it again with this limited edition Namm show entry and very high quality in every aspect, Nothing but Premium woods used in the construction of this amazing playing guitar. This IS NOT to be confused with the cheep Korean look alike they really don't look the same but close with goofy horns & pieced in woods of less than top notch quality cheep Philippine mahogany and nato I have see the Korean cheap knock off..I had one as a matter of fact a year or so ago taken in trade...it was a nice one see the pics of it, but that was nothing like this Japanes made TRS...WoW!!! thats AAAA Honduran Mahogany body & Honduran neck. Have a good look at that Real Premium super curly big leaf maple more like a maple 12 top, No Photo flame here!...its live in 3-d..Built to pretty much exact PRS specs...it has a beautiful High grade Rosewood fretboard too. Mother of pearl Tokai inlay headstock and aged position markers. This guitar is in top condition and is near mint! No breaks or repairs ever. Just a few tiny droplet tiy artist brush tip lacquer touch ups & 1 edge og headstock tip upper right size its tiny and looks good now after nicely matching tip touch up. This was done to prevent any further chiping due to exposure and it also looks great again. JVG condition easily rated at a solid 9-9.5 excellent all original condition. You will not be disappointed with this fantastic player! When have you ever seen one of these? This guitar is truly Very rare hand built NAMM show Guitar from 2003 and is highly collectible because a limined number of these were ever made...you may see similar shape from Tokai but they changed them and the headstok and I believe the horns slightly changed to less copy PRS... This one is from before that and was built right for show at namm. The Japanese Crafted TRS Tokai Gakki Guitar. Optionally available a Black PRS hard shell case plush lined & it fits like a glove.

HERE ARE MANY MORE DETAILED PICTURES OF THIS GUITAR PLEACE " cut & paste" THE FOLLOWING LINK TO SEE THEM: https://picasaweb.google.com/gr8bids/TokaiTRSTortis24Custom?authkey=Gv1sRgCI6x0urihfryKw#slideshow/5624839463920952178

https://www.jvguitars.com/showproduct.pl?id=1309636208

This one looks pretty sweet.

Made in Japan stamp

Can’t see the serial number

LG210 ?

If 210,000 Y then probably solid top?

Tokai CLG210BT | eBay

Tokai/CLG210BT/中古/¥99800/状態:B

Description:

Color: green
Optional Items
Custom Made to Order