• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Goldtop with P90s (lacquer finish. Newer or vintage)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnys141

Reaction score
Looking for a nice Goldtop with P90s - Greco, Tokai, Burny, Bacchus etc. Can also be newer models like this one. Must be nitro/lacquer finished. I'm located in Ontario, Canada. Hit me up if you have one you might wanna sell.

(Image just for inspiration haha)

bdc39a2c4f61a08e8a7ff77c84e1b508794fca.jpg

I am thinking that with Tokai you may not get all lacquer unless it is a crazy expensive model. The ones that say lacquer are probably the lacquer over poly as we have been discussing recently.

That said, you may need to look at special order Tokai gold tops like the Reborn Old line.

The LS376S sure may be all lacquer, but would be pricey.

2016 LS-1 R4

Faber order

https://www.faberguitar.com/Tokai-LS1-R4-GT-Reborn-Old_1

wNGzjYl.png

yR7tqTs.png

mbgA9B9.png

7n76B8p.png

Tokai LS186S-WA GT Made in 2022 Very Good Condition Les Paul 1954 Gold Top Tokai Gold Top

Description of item​

Tokai LS186S-WA GT 2022 year very good condition Les Paul 1954 Gold Top

This is a shop order custom model based on the 1954 Les Paul type production model LS156S.
The custom content is as follows.
・Carefully selected lightweight individuals
・Madagascar rosewood fingerboard
・Painting is lacquer finish
・The head logo is a special Reborn logo with a vintage feel.

It's been about two years since I bought it, but it's only been used indoors (non-smoking) and is in very good condition as it's rarely used.
It is a beautiful item with dents and other hard to find marks, but please note that it is not completely undamaged.
There are no problems with the neck, frets, electrical system, etc.
Comes with original gig bag.

original specs
BODY: Maple Top
Mahogany Two Pieces Back
NECK: Mahogany One Piece
FINGERBOARD :Madagascar Rosewood
SCALE: 625/312.5mm
PICKUPS: LP-OLD MK2×2
CONTROLS: 2V.,2T.,

View attachment 56867
View attachment 56858
View attachment 56859
View attachment 56862
View attachment 56866
View attachment 56863

I am thinking that with Tokai you may not get all lacquer unless it is a crazy expensive model. The ones that say lacquer are probably the lacquer over poly as we have been discussing recently.

That said, you may need to look at special order Tokai gold tops like the Reborn Old line.

The LS376S sure may be all lacquer, but would be pricey.
Hmmm the reborn old and the 376s are definitely very pricey.. that’s out of my budget for sure. But that last one, 186s could work. Looks like it sold for 140k yen, which I could afford. I wonder if that is another lacquer over poly though. And do you think that the 220s that Kurosawa is selling is also lacquer over poly?

I’m not sure and I don’t know who you could ask to get an accurate answer. Maybe Gottfried at Faber since he did the R4. Worth asking.

Nuthin wrong with lacquer over poly IMO

It won't age like vintage but the old skool Bacchus finishes are typically quite thin and it's hard to beat the quality of Deviser builds like the BLS line circa 1998 - 2005

Only problem is try locating any of those now days ....... I sold about a half dozen of them years ago ......

Bs gold.jpg

BLS-120S 14.jpg

BLS-59 GO 13.jpg

BLS-54 685 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back