Market Research and the Future

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Reaction score
I know ebay isnt any kind of statistical answer to the current vintage tokai climate, but since I bought my 2 Reborns I have seen very few for sale, even in Japan. Is the market starting to dry out? I have been looking for an old Breezy for months now, and I can seem to find anything that isnt modern.

After my other post regarding a Reborn in Germany going for ?906 this week, do you think the pricing is starting to rise sharply or was this a one off??

I have only been into Tokai's for a year or so since I sacked my Epi and realised Gibson could go swivel for the chod they are turning out. I hope for the sake of new guitarists to come that affordable classics will not mean a chinese made year 2000 squier strat.

What would you say the average price in $ or ? for the following are? Please DONT bother just telling us how much you got your modern guitar for, that is not the point of this thread -

Les Paul Reborn
Reborn Old
Love Rock 80-85

I know very little about the Strats and Breezys so please add these as well those in the know....

eBay has gone nuts lately. Tokai's are commanding a premium and my other addiction - Rockman - are getting absurd. Smart Gates are going for over $325 along with the EQs.

Ned

hum, according to mijsixstringskatana, actually, the market is drying out for all kind of MIJ vintage brands ( Greco, Burny, Orville and Tokai) . Mostly due to the fact that the demand is increasing and there is a limited amount of guitars produced in the golden area. As an exemple, I Haven't seen a firebird for a year now on e-bay.

Back