Les Paul p90 with stop tailpiece?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsuspend

Reaction score
I'm starting to get GAS for a Les Paul with P90s and a wraparound stop tailpiece but I'm not very good at Gibsons models. What if any exist and are there any MIJ versions around?

Thanks!
/Magnus

No he means Sonix made by the same people that make Bacchus, expensive & hard to find!

Tokai do one, I think they may have been a special order, drop Togps a PM and see if he has any left.

Custom order Tokai:

086.jpg

087.jpg

Edwards LP Special:

126.jpg

127.jpg

Thanks Marcus, great looking guitars as always! :)
Is there such a thing as a Goldtop without... the gold...?
British Racing Green would be perfect thanks :D

/Magnus

mrsuspend said:
Is there such a thing as a Goldtop without... the gold...?

/Magnus

togps had some gorgeous custom order VF finished Love Rocks with P90's. Don't think they had wrap tailpieces but man, they were fabulous looking.

I was waiting for that one! :lol:
I have nothing against Goldtops, I'm just not a very goldy person.
And I am one for the odd stuff- lead me into a food market and I will always go for the strange imports with unreadable cooking instructions 8)
I like wrap tails more than tuneomatics, p90s more that hbs, and a full size les paul body more than the slab Special. So what can you do?
Actually a double cut Les Paul wouldn't be bad either- like a luxury Les Paul special. I think they came with wrap tails at least some years.

/Magnus

Try Jeff Beck Les Paul, Gibson just put it out as signature model. I hope Tokai or Edwards will follow along. There is a great video of Jeff Beck explainig his guitar on a 70ies TV show.
I have a Gordon Smith G-60 with wraparound tailpiece, no intonation issues whatsoever. Played it since '94.

JVsearch said:
gordon said:
Try Jeff Beck Les Paul, Gibson just put it out as signature model. I hope Tokai or Edwards will follow along. There is a great video of Jeff Beck explainig his guitar on a 70ies TV show.
I have a Gordon Smith G-60 with wraparound tailpiece, no intonation issues whatsoever. Played it since '94.

Here's a Bacchus Jeff Beck (apparently), but it is burst with humbuckers:

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r57195282

had my eye on that Bacchus JB 'burst for months & months ...........
http://tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14905&highlight=beck&sid=b223cf860270c5260f7cbbf519d31253

It is only 12 serial # digits apart from my highly prized & infinitely awesome BLS-59 HB but two things have kept me from buying it, and it's not the price.

1. It has a 2 pc. body back
2. I cannot see how it could be any better a guitar than my BLS-59, even though I?m sure the build quality is AGAIG ????

MIJvintage said:
It is only 12 serial # digits apart from my highly prized & infinitely awesome BLS-59 HB but two things have kept me from buying it, and it's not the price.

1. It has a 2 pc. body back

Well, the seller says it is two piece, but have you had a look at the high res photos in full size? I'm damned if I can see where it is two piece! Obviously I can't be sure, but... I dunno, two piece what.

I have had my eye on this one for months & the first time I saw it I checked all the pics :wink:

You could look at pics 0045, 0051, 0052 but what do you see?
nothing really, IMO .............

Check photo 0005 :wink: & that?s where I see a difference in the body back; it's very subtle but it's there :) ................

MIJvintage said:
I have had my eye on this one for months & the first time I saw it I checked all the pics :wink:

You could look at pics 0045, 0051, 0052 but what do you see?
nothing really, IMO .............

Check photo 0005 :wink: & that?s where I see a difference in the body back; it's very subtle but it's there :) ................

Yeah, I must have gone straight to the close ups of the back and not looked at that cavity shot. :-?
But yeah, I would say that the seller tells the truth - 2 piece.

Back