False Edwards Info On Web

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This page includes two email replies direct from ESP Japan.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13228&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=edwards&start=45

Mick

Now here's MY 2 cents worth.
SpecialK,
As both Micks have given u THE definitive answer...and in one case directly from ESP themselves ..I'd advise that u accept the answer to the question and leave it at that.
Any further "stirring" on your part will see the thread locked,your posts deleted and possibly have the matter handed over to Ned for further action.
You've had your answer so no need to keep flogging a dead horse. :-?

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Agreed :lol:

Hi special k kellogg, chill out... It doesn't matter if the wood is crafted in China and assembled in Japan. It IS still a great instrument with the advantage of the long tenon as compared to the LS125SEB even though Edwards is much cheaper.

p.s. Btw, above mentioned statement is solely a consumer/musician POV, not reseller or any dealer.

Agreed! The tenon construction on the Edwards exceeds any other manufacturers IMO. The tenon is seamless with the body as they route the pup cavities after the neck has been set however there still are never gaps...impressive.

Udonitron said:
Agreed! The tenon construction on the Edwards exceeds any other manufacturers IMO. The tenon is seamless with the body as they route the pup cavities after the neck has been set however there still are never gaps...impressive.

Yeah, its unbelieveable clean as if its a neck throught! Only thing is the feel is not like Gibson...the neck feels modern than anything else. Tokai feels more like Gibson in the join :wink:

Special K said:
Ha ha ha...
The Whole Story, and More
is not from The Horse's Mouth.

Where do these guys come from... :roll:

Instead of basking in denial, show us you proof instead of sprooking crap and then i will get a verified email from ESP just for you Special {and i mean "special"}K....sigh

Mick

sorry i didn't answer sooner, I've had a cold for the past week and couldn't be bothered coming online... :lol:

JVsearch said:
You forgot outright fraud, negligence and incompetence! Ha ha ha ha ha... :lol:

yeah, of course :lol:

japanstrat said:
I don't think it's really that valid to buy a newer low/mid priced guitar and expect that they are made like a older Japanese guitar in the same countries and using the same woods.

The economy of making guitars is always changing.

If a buyer wants a ESP Honduras Mahogany guitar then they have to pay 5 times the price of the Edwards.

oh, of course. But at the time i bought my edwards (before the western currencies went south), it was only slightly cheaper than an MIJ tokai. Granted, it probably still had a bit of a higher spec than said tokai.

as i already said, it's still a very good guitar- I just don't like being lied to, or at least having things fairly strongly implied.

Yes, a lot of assuming was going on seeing that Edwards are mainly for the Japanese Market which is different from buying a LTD or Eclipse in the US market.
Different country of origin requirements and labeling.

Maybe ESP/Edwards should have been more upfront about what was being made where, but they did own up to it. Bottom line is that they make really beautiful guitars. Here's a Flying V from Edwards

00053_2009_edwards_esp_E-FV-95_WB_V_img_01g.jpg

Maybe ESP/Edwards should have been more upfront about what was being made where, but they did own up to it. Bottom line is that they make really beautiful guitars.

They were doing it all by the law, in Japan there has to be only a smallish percentage of the product to be done for it to be MIJ. I think rather than being upfront about it they could possibly been more truthful about where most of the work is done...

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
They were doing it all by the law, in Japan there has to be only a smallish percentage of the product to be done for it to be MIJ. I think rather than being upfront about it they could possibly been more truthful about where most of the work is done...

Mick

Then the law is an ***. Morally wrong.

stratman323 said:
leadguitar_323 said:

Mick

Then the law is an ***. Morally wrong.

Over the years, truth in advertising has morphed into what it is now - and it's certainly not limited to Edwards guitars.

LOL, truth in advertising. :lol: from what i can see at the moment, the ASA has to prove that the advertiser lied, and then the punishment seems to be that the advert has to be changed very slightly with small print to say what's wrong.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back