Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Love Rock can this be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starmies4
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Which Love Rock can this be? Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this forum, and totally new to Tokai guitars. I need some indications/specifications about a Love Rock.

I can swap my old Honda CX500 bike for a Tokai Love Rock guitar. Of course I only want to swap with a high end Japanese Love Rock (by now I know that there are Chinese and Korean Love Rocks, low-end Japanese ones and high-end Japanese ones).
So far I know from the serial of the guitar itís a Japanese Love Rock from 2001. But, what is the type of the guitar? The owner does not know it, and I have no clue. Is it a LS or an ALS? And if itís a LS is it a LS-95 of LS-50 or LS-ÖÖ or whatever? Or an ALS-50 or ALS-ÖÖ.? There are so many types that I donít have a clue to search in a specific direction.
For sure itís not a guitar with a fancy top. Maybe even it does not have a real top, but only a solid one-layered body.

I only received some Ė not so good Ė pictures of the owner. Can someone give me an indication about the type of the Love Rock? Is it a lower end or higher end guitar so far you can see? And the price range?

Of course, I donít expect an exact answer, there is not enough information for that. But your thoughts about the guitar, an indication of what you think which type it is, will be very, very welcome.

(alt+p)

(alt+p)

(alt+p)

https://imgur.com/a/fPxSQOB (alt+p)
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like what is know as an "Inkie" from 1980. They were made not in the main Tokai factory, outsourced ??I believe they were all lower end models and your 3 piece top kinda confirms this. I'm sorry i don't have much knowledge other than that.
starmies4
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI brokentoes, wow, that is immediately great info you give here. Then the guitar would be a LS50 (or maybe an LS60) from 1980. The LS50 in that time had a 3-top and a multiple piece body. According info on the internet.

I thought it was a guitar from 2001, looking at the serial number. But indeed it looks like the serial is inked en not stamped. And 01 is indeed an "inkie" number from 1980.
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
This is indeed a 1980 LS-50 made in the Nagano factory, not Hamamatsu. Apart from the Serial number, the double cream, double pole uncovered pickups are also an indicator of the age of this guitar. Later models have double black, single pole pickups - generally with chrome covers.

regards
Peter
starmies4
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter, thanks for the info. Did not know that about the Nagano factory. Well, I think this makes it a little 'vintage'. The value is about 600 euro?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: