Who is making Fernandes Strats

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
From the information I can find Fernandes strats were manufactured by Tokai in the early '80's, are they still?

I have a recent (2005) rst95 Revival and it seems to be of better build quality then the Tokai built CIJ Fenders.

If anyone has any onfo on Fernandes Maunfacuring, or Fernandes in general it would be much appreciated.

I recently got a 1980s Fernandes The Revival Strat from eBay. It feels to me very similar to my 1984/5 ST55 Goldstar - very similar feel to the neck. The hardware (pickups, switch etc) isn't quite as good as the Tokai, though I believe that there were different quality levels, same as with Tokais. though I can't find any reliable info on this.

5.jpg

I'm surprised there isn't more interest on this forum in the Fernandes Strats & Teles - they are so similar to Tokais. Mind you, it does sometimes feel like this is the Les Paul forum...... :evil:

Mike

I'm trying to learn about the early MIJ Fender clones. This CAR is a gorgeous Fernandes.

Personally, I welcome info on all the brands. This place is wide open compared to the LPF ........ and I'm a member there. It is quite narrow in focus.

Yes it is, I know what you mean. What I meant is that it often seems that most of the discussion on here is about Les Paul clones.

I remember that somebody did suggest (ages ago) that there should be a separate Fernandes section, but nothing happened. :(

Back