Mystery Jackson Soloist copy.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garthy

Reaction score
Hello. I have been googling like a mad man searching since Thursday for an ID to my new guitar. It has no name, no serial number, no writing under the pick ups and no clues in the control cavity. There is a JT580LP tremolo but I'm not convinced it is the original fit. I did wonder if it was a Kramer Stagemaster but the head is wrong, I then thought it could be a ESP Mirage but ESP say the cover plate suggests the control cavity is the wrong shape and the head isn't quite correct though they did say it is very similar otherwise.

That's a rosewood fretboard incase it doesn't show too clearly in the pictures. It was by chance that I saw a Greco back plate in a similar shape as mine which led me down this path. Please, please could someone put me out of my misery! I just want to be able to put a name on the headstock- I don't mind which name as long as it is the correct one, I'm certainly not expecting Grover Jackson to burst into a flurry of rabid posting that this is the long lost Soloist prototype he left at Wayne Charvel's house and there's a $100,000 reward for the thing.

Thank you :)

Now there's a mystery. Almost Ibanez like horns. Can't be a cheap indian Jem copy as I don't think they would do neck through body. Headstock does look 'wrong' tho.

Garthy, where are you in the world, you didn't put it in your profile, welcome to the board,

Iain

Buckinghamshire.

Sorry, I haven't filled out my profile yet.

It was only ?127 delivered including a bloody nice Fender hard case, I cannot complain, well I might when my wife finds out I've bought another guitar, I already had 9 and ran out of room 4 guitars ago.

Cool, I stopped counting after 42 :). It's great when you get a bargain like that. I bought a Squier Strat recently with moulded Fender case for ?80, case was beaten but needed for one of my Strats. So did up the Squier and sold it for ?100. Cash back!

The other recent classic was a?25 left handed Encore Strat that I wanted to swap necks for the lefty and righty look on a few projects . I asked the gut in Cash converters if it came with a gig bag and he said he would look and see if there was one. Sure enough, he comes back with a padded gig bag with slight zip wear but functional. Got it home and inside was a trem arm, lead, strap, pitch pipes, thumb picks, Allen keys, a new set of strings and a digital tuner! Classic cash converters schoolboy error. Happened a few time to me :)

Ah, all the pawn shops down here are very switched on, they seem to set their prices in accordance with the big shops like Dawsons/Andertons etc but you can haggle with them. I don't know if they hit a seller in the balls or even how they would compare to a proper music shop as I've never sold anything in 30 years aside from PX'ing an Ibanez Tubescreamer Soundtank for a Zoom1010 multi FX when I was 16. The OD was awful but the delays were brilliant on that.

Back