• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rittenhouse '52 Esquire Relic - SOLD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegcityrocker

Reaction score
SOLD

One more guitar for sale. I'm selling this to buy an old LS80 or similar guitar.

This is a Rittenhouse Custom Built '52 Esquire. It is very resonant and lightweight. This thing is very loud acoustically. It's got a fresh set up and plays and sound great. The build time on a Rittenhouse Custom guitar is about 5 months. Features:

Super Fat Warmoth Neck
One Piece Lightweight Ash Body
Seymour Duncan Little '59 Humbucker Pickup
100% Nitro finish
CTS Pots
Vintage Cloth wire
Tweed Case

I'll also include a humbucker equipped black pickguard. It is loaded with an old Gotoh PAF pickup. The body is routed for a single coil neck pickup so if you want to throw the humbucker in there you would need to enlarge the route - pretty easy to do.

$950 USD or CAD plus shipping. I accept paypal without any extra charge.

SDC13422.jpg

SDC13424.jpg

SDC13429.jpg

SDC13427.jpg

Even Billy F. Gibbons uses a Tele now (well an Esquire). Les Pauls are clearly yesterday's news.

:wink:

Mike

My LP's are all hanging there along with my Strats at the moment, the tele is getting all the play-time! Used to play a tele years ago, I think I'm becoming a convert all over again!

Nice guitar!!

hey, that's the second time in <month that Willie G. has worked his way into a Classified thread when he didn't belong in it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvlHZXe3H7U

I'm waiting for the Fender Custom Shop Pearly Gates Telecaster :p ...........................

MIJvintage said:
**** Teles get no respect; Lesters rule :lol: ....................

The best of both worlds. Just took possession of this custom order (Ishibashi) Jeff Beck Tele Gib. Special hanks to our former forum member TJ who tracked it down for me.

Currently tweaking it a bit.... truss rod adjust for the 11's I put on it, swapping out the 250K pots for proper 500K for the humbuckers.

Came with Fender Japan's Dragstar pickups.... not bad but won't be able to really tell until the new pots are in. A little on the heavy side at about 9 lbs but a very cool guitar. Always wanted one..... Edwards made one and Greco made one ..... they just don't come up for sale:

DSC_00351.jpg

DSC_00361.jpg

DSC_00381.jpg

DSC_00401.jpg

MIJvintage said:
hey, that's the second time in <month that Willie G. has worked his way into a Classified thread when he didn't belong in it :lol:

Oh, he belongs alright. :wink: Anywhere you want, he belongs.

Pegcityrocker said:
I think the Rev may possibly use one of these pups in that esquire he plays without the pickguard.

http://www.edroman.com/guitars/images/Billy Gibbons Guitar.gif

Interesting guitar, though that wasn't what he played on the recent BBC programme (I'm In A Rock n' Roll Band).

If someone is going to make a Tele without a scratchplate, I would respectfully suggest that they should learn from Tokai and leave out that ugly routed channel. There is clearly no need for it.

149_4940.jpg

Back