• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1981 Tokai LS120 - SOLD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegcityrocker

Reaction score
This one pains me to sell but I've got to get rid of my credit card debt!

So here it goes:

1981 Tokai LS120 in OS (Original Sunburst) finish. The guitar is all original aside from the tuners which were up-graded to Kluson Deluxe. The circuit board has been replaced with vintage correct steel braided wire and Mojo caps. The original circuit board electronics are included as well. I also have the original truss rod cover which I will include. The pickups are original Dimarzio PAF's and I added brushed nickel covers to them.

I have to say this is the best looking flametop I have come across (IMHO) and in the best burst color available. She is also super light weight - coming in at 8.75 lbs or 3.96 kgs. This is accurate as I had it weighed at the UPS store. The condition is really nice - in fact my guitar tech asked if it was new! There is some slight worming on the back of the body and a couple hairline cracks on the headstock veneer coming out from the tuner holes. All in all an amazing condition guitar that plays extraordinarily well.

Specs are standard - braz board, fully nitro, lightweight tailpiece, '59 profile neck, brass saddle bridge etc. Comes with original case. She sounds and plays as good as she looks.

$2250 USD plus shipping. I will ship worldwide by EMS and I do accept paypal.

SDC14798.jpg

CIMG0346.jpg

CIMG0356.jpg

CIMG0362.jpg

CIMG0359.jpg

CIMG0361.jpg

SDC14795.jpg
[/url]

what a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and its in canada :)

Is your bathroom scale digital?

My bathroom scale is not digital. If memory serves me correctly, it is 4.1 kgs. So it's either just under or just over 9 lbs. But if someone was really interested I could take it the post office and have her weighed.

If only I was swinging by Edmonton soon for a family visit that would be very tempting. Nice looking guitar!

Do we know if there were ever any LS-120's without a veneer?
Or do they not exist?

There are rumours of them existing but I personally doubt it. Technically solid tops began at the 150 level and on the 200's. Price point was the same as the Greco EGF-1200's which have veneers as well.

That's what I thought. I haven't seen one to date.
Don't LS80's have solid tops?

Hey jacco, your right. Interesting. First I've seen like that.
Great looking guitar. Curious what the weight is on that one?

The early LS80s (pre 1981) can have very interesting tops, going from mild flame to blister & birds eye. And they're solid. I've seen more, here's one for sale right now:

DSCF7767.jpg

Mine weighs 3.95 kg = 8.7 lbs

Back