• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai LS90 Goldtop - SOLD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegcityrocker

Reaction score
The guitar is sold.

I am selling my 2009 Tokai LS90 Goldtop. The guitar is in great shape and still has the peel off plastic covering the back plates. I swapped the pickups for a set of PAF type pickups I bought off ebay a long time ago. The have Alnico 5 magnets and cloth covered leads; I can't remember who made them but they sound great - very open and airy. I have the originals as well. The caps are Orange Drop. The guitar is set up real nice and plays great. No issues at all. the nickel hardware has a nice patina to it. The serial number begins 09xxxxx

$750 USD or CAD plus actual postage. I can ship to most places but it gets pricey if you're outside of North America. I accept paypal.

I also have a brand new Tokai Love Rock case that I am willing to part with for an additional fee. It's the brown one with the pink lining - very savory.

SDC13404.jpg

SDC13409.jpg

SDC13402.jpg

SDC13399.jpg

SOLD[/b]

How I wish you were selling this in 4 months! :(

I should be passing through The Peg then all going well on my pilgrimage to see friends in the north.

Fantastic looking guitar and a great price.

Colin

Sounds like a great trip. Usually people think of Winnipeg as "North". How far north are you going? Hey, you can always buy now and I'll hold on to it until you get here. :wink:

Pegcityrocker said:
Sounds like a great trip. Usually people think of Winnipeg as "North". How far north are you going? Hey, you can always buy now and I'll hold on to it until you get here. :wink:

I'm heading to Wabowden, an hour south of Thompson. My mate has commercial fishing on the Nelson. we head out to his camp to fish and hunt. I love the way of life there.

I had thought that too. I've had a couple of big new buys recently. I will PM you nearer the time to see what you have in the way of guitars that you might want to move on.

Colin

Sounds good, it's always nice to meet up with fellow forum members. :)

That will be a great trip; I think I drove through Wabowden once on my way to Norway House. The hunting and fishing are great up there!

There are a lot of differences; in fact you can't even really compare them. The MIJ Tokai's are on a whole different level than the Korean or Chinese made Tokai's. These MIJ Tokai's are at least on par if not surpass the Gibson Les Paul standard series; plus these MIJ Tokai's have a longer tenon and a vintage correct ABR-1 bridge instead of the Nashville bridge that Gibson uses. LS150 and up would be on par or surpass the Historic line.

laxcdn said:
What are the differences between this and a Korean LR?

Much better wood, much better hardware, much better pickups, much better build quality, about the same difference as a new Epiphone Vs a new Gibson.

Thx for the info. I have a MIK and am thinking about getting this one and selling mine. I sent you another email.

Its mine. I have bought this guitar. I made the plunge and am going to give Tokai a try. Funny I never saw it here first but saw it on Kijiji first. Anyhow, I eagerly wait in anticipation for my Love Rock to arrive.

Oh my how I love my new Love Rock.
I got it today and have been playing it off and on all day.
I need another one now. hahahahahahaa
How are the ES335 guitars from Tokai?

Kevin

Back