2003 Tokai Les paul Cavity markings

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza-j

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone can help with this. I had a look at a 2003 Flametop Tokai in a shop in Dublin today. It was in the window for 950 euro which I thought was a bit steep, so I went in to take a look to try and see what model it was. I got the guy in the shop to take off the neck pickup to see the model number underneath. Underneath though was just a pencilled in "8" and in red marker "9-45".

The guitar had a solid maple cap and was a solid flametop not a veneer. Seemed also to have a 50's type neck. I don't think it was an LS-60 or a completely lower end one.

Any thoughts??

Cheers
Terry

From cleaning the paint out of my pickup cavities, it would appear that Japanese models have the model number and finish written in them.

routs1.jpg

If it was a solid flame top that would have to make it at least an LS150, right?
But Dublin is rip-off city for most things, unfortunately.

I don't know. The guy in the shop said the price was originally 1300 Euro back in 2003 if that means anything. It was heavy too and all of the higher end Tokai's I've had have been light.....It was nowhere near my 2005 ls-200 either in terms of craftsmanship either....

Back