• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wtb white mij les paul custom style guitar or similar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffpowers

Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for a decent mij les paul custom style guitar in white .
I'm in the uk, any age and condition considered!

Can you supply a little more criteria please . . .

eg.
Body - all mahogany or Mahog/maple
Fretboard: ebony or rosewood
Headstock: super 400, quad diamond, bolt diamond or other

Only a few MIJ brands do the LPC in white.
Tokai, Orville, Epiphone, Burny
Costs : expect around GBP 1,000 + freight as they are rare and most are top end guitars.
If anything comes to my attention, I'll let you know.

Peter Mac

Peter Mac said:
Can you supply a little more criteria please . . .

eg.
Body - all mahogany or Mahog/maple
Fretboard: ebony or rosewood
Headstock: super 400, quad diamond, bolt diamond or other

Only a few MIJ brands do the LPC in white.
Tokai, Orville, Epiphone, Burny
Costs : expect around GBP 1,000 + freight as they are rare and most are top end guitars.
If anything comes to my attention, I'll let you know.

Peter Mac

Thanks!!

I'm not fussy on brand or condition, but wouldn't normally consider an epiphone.

I'd like an ebony board though.

Hi

Before they were made in Korea, Epiphone were made in the same Japanese Factory as Orville and ObG, it was purely a name change from Orville to Epiphone but the stats were the same. This only happened for around 2-3 years though and the way to tell is via the headstock. MIJ Epi have a full moustache headstock whereas MIK Epi have the edges cut off.
ObG 1988 - 1998, MIJ Epi 1998 - 2001.

If you prefer an ebony board, this leaves only 1 brand for white - Orville by Gibson.
Peter Mac

I wouldn't dismiss the MIJ Epiphones straight away , they're just as good as the Orvilles. I've had a few and recently picked up a LPC90 with Ebony board , other than the nibs and pups there's not much difference between that and a ObG 57B I've got. Luckily the Epiphone name puts people off so you can sometimes pick them up cheap. They don't do a white LPC90 with ebony board though and tbh I really don't like the white they used on the MIJ Epi's as it's Artic White and just doesnt seem to ever age. The finish on the white ObG's has got to be the best I've seen for yellowing and they did make a 57B in white and ebony board, otherwise you have the Greco 1000's like Cliff posted with ebony and also the Navigators which came in white with ebony fb.

If you can forgo the ebony I reckon white Burnys are always a good bet for a decent guitar , dark ebonised boards and nibs at a fraction of the cost of ObG's Navigators etc. I sold one on eBay awhile back for ?300 had a few finish chips but frets etc were all fine. They made thousands of them certainly not rare and usually a few on eBay from the Jaanese sellers at reasonable prices

13.jpg

Thanks for the info !

I think in essence what I want is a touring / backup guitar in white so I don't have to bring out my les Paul custom everywhere .

Latest posts

Back